BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I've never heard of it before. In fact what about it is Alpina? Was it a C1 that Hamann took and built up? It looks to me just like a modded 323?

I thought that Hamann was a 'tuner' or producer in their own right, why would they take an Alpina and then do the works on that?

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy who bought the car has contacted me trying to check the authenticity of the car - if anyone has any ideas ? I have the chassis number which I can send through PM.

He is currently in a position to reject the car if it is not legit (as long as he decides quickly)

Thanks in advance

Neil

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I don't think he'll be able to confirm the cars Alpina parentage, as it would have been a TWR conversion, so no records are held.

As for the Hamann connection, is there no info with the car, can Hamann help if contacted direct?

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes thanks a lot Kees - I have passed on the information.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sounds like he's going to reject the car. For the record it is NOT a Hamann and it is pretty unlikely its an ALPINA - certainly doesn't appear to have any ALPINA parts on it now :grrrrr:

So it should be back up for sale - not sure what the description will be.

Thanks again Kees for the info/ SMS(s)

·
Registered
393 Posts
It really annoys me when people sell things (especially on ebay) and claim them to be something they are not. At best they should know better (particularly if it is not their 'first' time) and worst case it is fraud/deception.

I do tend to ask quite searching questions where something isn't clear or I don't believe that the item is genuine (such as all those ebay sellers selling copies or Microsoft software), but whilst the caveat 'buyer beware' is always prevalent, there is a real onus on the seller to describe things correctly in the first place and where there is ANY element of doubt they should state that in their description. From memory the guy selling this car just stated it was an X, Y and Z so the buyer would have accepted that at face value.

Neil

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
fastsaloons said:
Sounds like he's going to reject the car. For the record it is NOT a Hamann and it is pretty unlikely its an ALPINA - certainly doesn't appear to have any ALPINA parts on it now :grrrrr:

So it should be back up for sale - not sure what the description will be.

Thanks again Kees for the info/ SMS(s)
Sorry to hear - but at least the buyer didn't get burnt...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts