BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have posted the pictures of the Hamann Exhaust installation process and posted them up the web. Follow the link below to check them out. I will be posting the exhaust sound clip in about a week's time. Tell me what you guys think..

<a href="http://www.bmwregistry.com">Hamann Exhaust Pictures</a>

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Looks good Kelvin, but we all want to know..how does it sound compared to stock???

-Chris

·
Registered
135 Posts
Kelvin,

Thanks for the excellent pictures. I appreciate this info. How do they sound in your opinion? How much were they?

Awesome job.

Jeff L

·
Registered
135 Posts
Kelvin,

Thanks for the excellent pictures. I appreciate this info. How do they sound in your opinion? How much were they?

Awesome job.

Jeff L

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid a total of about $2,200 for the system including labor and taxes. The sound is deep at low rev, but tapers off at mid range but becomes louder at high rev. It's similar to stock, but noticably louder by about 30%.

It's great! I wouldn't want an exhaust system that is too loud anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The pipes look cool. I was a little worried about the DTM style, but it's pretty subtle in this application. Make sure you blur out your license plate number, I don't think it's good to post that. Maybe I missed a pic, but where was the pic from the rear that showed the completed transformation. Look forward to seeing it.

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys know what? This guy who saw my web page sent me an email.. He said that if we're willing to do a group purchase of Hamann stuff, he'll sell us the stuff cheap. I bought my exhausts for $2000..he's selling it for only around $1750.

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave,

This has always been the issue.. I used to hope for a horsepower increase, but after doing massive research and talking to some exhaust manufacturers, I believe that exhaust systems have a negligable effect in terms of performance for normally aspirated engines. I changed the exhausts for cosmetic and sound reasons. Dan and I have spoke about this before and we feel that just the sound alone would be worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When following Kelvin in Marks M5 the sound is fantastic. I would say a good 25% louder thn the stock car. It is a deep burble that transisions to a powerful scream

Nick

·
Registered
128 Posts
kelvin, thanks for sharing your experiences with the rest of us. you did a great job with the photos and layout. i was surprised to read that the M5 exhausts were essentially the same as the exhausts for the 528i and 540i. no ****?

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Michael,

I'm sure that the exhausts are the same. When John Bocchino told me that I was still skeptical..I took the opportunity to look under some 528i and 540i at his garage parking lot.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Hi Kevin,
what size were the hamann exhausts? Were the 76mm ones?
Thanks
Terence

·
Registered
911 Posts
Kelvin,

The pictures look fantastic! Will you be uploading any sound files? I'm sure the rest of us wouldn't mind hearing the results!

Thanks,

ALX

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Terence,

I have no idea what size these exhausts are..

ALX,

Thanks for the compliments! I'll be posting the sound recording by later this week.

Kelvin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts