BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for your candor, RyanPW3. In such instances I usually accept the quality downgrade to delivered pizza as well worth the avoided legal risk. Thanks to your cautionary tale.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Honestly I don't think you need to change all those fluids in the car. That's a bit excessive. But, if it makes you feel better, it definitely can't hurt. (Check if your car had the diff fluid changed at the 1200 mile service - if it didn't then I'd definitely have it changed now.)

An alignment is always a good idea if one hasn't been done recently. It pales in comparison to the cost of new tires. And since your roads seem to be unfriendly to your car in this regard, probably not a good idea.

Which new tires are you talking about? I have a feeling it's the new ExtremeContact DW. I just got a set installed in my daily driver (2004 G35 Coupe) and they are absolutely fantastic tires from what I can tell so far.

I can't tell you much about the mobility kit but it's basically your spare, so make sure it's good or get a new bottle.

This is the first time I saw your thread and I just have to say thank you for stepping up and sharing.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes I am referring to the Continue DWs. As for fluids,
I'd definitely like to save the cash, but there is just something about 5 year old fluids in the car that make me feel uneasy. Should I not worry about that? The car did have the 1200 mile service, so I assume the diff fluid was changed at that time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Until I got married, I had no one in entire country that I could trust. It depends on people's personal circumstances really, let's not pry.
That's pretty much my situation. My girlfriend is too worried about touching the SMG, and honestly, I think it's for the best that she doesn't try. My other friend that drove it to my new house I bought in January can be trusted, still utilizes the smg in such an odd way, I don't like him driving it! No family in the immediate area, and trying to keep this under wraps makes my options very limited in this area.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Yes I am referring to the Continue DWs. As for fluids,
I'd definitely like to save the cash, but there is just something about 5 year old fluids in the car that make me feel uneasy. Should I not worry about that? The car did have the 1200 mile service, so I assume the diff fluid was changed at that time.
Now that you point it out, that is a long time for those fluids (I was thinking it was "just" 23K on them, rather than the time-age). I think it definitely wouldn't hurt to replace it. Then you won't have to worry for the next 30-50K miles (depending on how long you feel fluids should last - I typically think it varies by driving style). I do mostly highway now and drive much, much less aggressively so I've extended the oil changes on my daily driver from 4000 miles full synthetic to about 7000 miles on full synthetic.

However, the oil and brake fluid are not that old at all so I wouldn't worry much about those.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts