BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys,

I had my M5 dynoed at Evosport in Newport Beach, CA. It was done on a Dynojet Dynometer and I have attached the results.

I'd like to know how my car's numbers look, and how do they compare to other M5's dynoed ?

My car has the Powerchip 91 Gold. Thanks for your support.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Had my M5 dynoed, need help interpeting the results.

greer said:
Hello Guys,

I had my M5 dynoed at Evosport in Newport Beach, CA. It was done on a Dynojet Dynometer and I have attached the results.

I'd like to know how my car's numbers look, and how do they compare to other M5's dynoed ?

Thanks for your support.
Id say they look pretty good for a stock car, I am glad you posted your results,it gives me a baseline as I am getting my car dynoed in a week, I will be sure to share my results with you, Josh

·
Registered
661 Posts

Pretty healthy looking graph. That torque curve is as flat as Texas:haha:

·
Registered
511 Posts

Hard to tell.. would like to have seen from 2500 on instead of 4800 on..

·
10,458 Posts

looks pretty typical, but wow, did they really take your car up to 7700 rpm???

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts

bmwusa said:
Id say they look pretty good for a stock car, I am glad you posted your results,it gives me a baseline as I am getting my car dynoed in a week, I will be sure to share my results with you, Josh
Josh,

When you get the dyno measurements done, would you like to try to get data from 1000 RPM upwards, please. There is little dyno data availiable at lower RPMs, so it would be really valuable.

David

·
Registered
931 Posts

Inaddition to the wider rpm range, you should have the air/fuel ratio measured too. This will indicate a rich/lean mixture across the rpm range. I had Power Chip tweak my software map based on the dyno & air/fuel data.

LOL :M5launch:

·
Registered
837 Posts

DavidS said:
Josh,

When you get the dyno measurements done, would you like to try to get data from 1000 RPM upwards, please. There is little dyno data availiable at lower RPMs, so it would be really valuable.

David
Yeah, I will ask them, I am not sure how it works but I am sure they will be willing to, after I get it done I will post results, it will probably next weekend or the following, I am going to with Rob when He gets his monster dynoed, should be interesting, Josh

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'd say it looks real good esp the tq as thats about 20 ft/lbs higher than normal.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Josh,

Great! Also please make a note of the environmental parameters (air temperature, athmospheric pressure and relative humidity) and of what octane number fuel used.

You do know you need to pull fuses 17 & 30 from the fuse panel in the top of the glove box. This shuts the DSC down, and is necessary to get correct dyno results above 5500 RPM. If you do not pul those fuses, the engine will not rev above 5500 RPM with the front wheels standing still.

Some say you also should press the DSC button for 10 s until the DSC light goes out again.

After you have replaced the fuses, you will get an ABS sensor error message. Don´t worry about that. It will clear itself after you have driven a few hundered yards.

(The next time you service the car, just let the SA know that the error codes stored are due to your temporarily shutting down power to the DSC, so they don´t go chasing after a non existing intermittent sensor fault.)

Finally, when you are done with one dyno pull, please get a coast-down measurement, that is let the rear wheels deaccelerate on their own with gear engage but clutch pedal pressed while measuring the rate of retardation. This will give data on the rolling resistance, and hence allow you to correct for those losses.

David

·
Registered
837 Posts
David,

Thanks for the info, I will print out this thread and bring it with to make sure I get all of the info/data, Josh

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since i've had the car dynoed it seems to be running better then ever. Could the car being reved hard make it run smoother?

·
Registered
511 Posts
That's called adaptations. It's the learning module in the DME that learns your driving style and adjusts the DME accordingly. You could go to the delaer to get them to clear the adaptations, then drive it like you stole it for a week. The car will be pulling like an SOB!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts