BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
my friend's just bought an F40, and took me out in it at the weekend.

Wont jabber on about the experience as its very hard to describe, all i can do is highly recommend getting a ride in one if you can, its definitely an experience to be savoured!!

There are fast cars, there are supercars, and then there are cars that can do what the F40 does to your senses!!

Anyway, catcha soon, thought i'd share as im still revelling in the memory!!

cheers

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seckindogan said:
Lucky friend....

You made any pictures??:M5launch:
unfortunately not :sad2:

the guy is mad on cars, has a lovely integrale Lancia, a 355, a 993 Turbo and lots of mercs!!

Hes gonna do some pro-pix, so will get them and post when i can
cheers

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Ask him to come along for our next meet! :cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cool

I have never had a ride in a F40 but I had one of our customers through me his keys to his 288 GTO at a track day. That was about six years ago and I remeber it like yestrday what a great afternoon. :cheers:

·
Registered
153 Posts
i once tried to race an F40, I wanted to know if it the car was genuine or a very good imitation. I was driving a heavily modded RX7 turbo and can still remember to this day how blue flames kept bellowing from the F40's exhausts on the overrun.

Anyway we kept up with him on a few narrow sideroads but when we got onto the open road he took off and opened up a 400 yard gap in a split second despite me being on full throttle.

It was a real F40 after all !! :15:

that's my F40 tail

cheers

ssd

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've got some video footage somewhere from a couple of Ferrari owners club track days from around 94/95 and I'll never forget the way these things came out of the bends, even just the noise was a delight.

I'll try and dig them out and see if I can get them converted to mpeg's and upload, should be of interest to some...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts