BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sort of reminded me of a Craigslist Missed Connection post.... Today I was leaving BMW Seattle about 10:30am and headed down Boren to I-5 to I-90 Eastbound. You had a beautiful black E39 M5. I did too. We made it to about East Mercer Island before I found a hole in traffic and escaped.
Thought maybe you were a board member.

-Sebastian

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was fun seeing another on the road. Seattle is a good place to find M's, but I still don't see M5's every day. Weather must be changing though, because I've seen two Lambos and three Ferraris in the past week or so. And I'm a west sider, only cross the lake maybe once a month.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I work on Northrop so I see nice cars every day. But I like the e39 M5's the best =)

I don't know who was who, but seeing two similar ones in front of me was a great view!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the news it looks like you are going to be seeing a lot more nice ones in your parking lot soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What was in the news, gas prices? If that's the case, I don't think anyone who would own a M5 really cares about gas prices. If we did, we'd all be driving Honda Civics. Or God forbid...a Prius.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about the $40 billion Air Force tanker contract awarded to Northrop, where Buzzed Hornet works.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is Boeing still hiring for the 787 line? It seems more help is needed over there.

And, like you, I don't see M5's around much. Sometimes there be weeks at a time when I feel like mine is the only one in the Puget Sound area :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would imagine that there will be a shift from workers on the 767 line to the 787. There must be a Boeing employee somewhere on this board who can chime in. I work in Everett and for a few years was assigned to an area of that city that covered Boeing's plant. What a cool place. No shortage of nice cars there either, but I don't ever remember seeing any M5's.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You know, it's real funny. I was a having a conversation a couple weeks ago with a friend that bought a new Mazdaspeed 3. I guess the Mazdaspeed 3 is produced at 5,000 a year - similar to the E39 M5.

Seeing as we both live on the eastside, his arguement was that the M5 is a more "common" car than the Mazdaspeed 3. Using the term "arguement" means I disagreed :).

Now I can't help but notice every Mazda 3 and see if it's a Mazdaspeed or not. I still see maybe 1 M5 every week... IF I'm lucky. I see Mazdaspeed's all over.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I will get shot if people thought I worked there, this is Boeing land. I am not a supporter of that contract in any way!!

I work off NE Northrup (NE 20th) in Bellevue. The same street as Park Place, Bellevue BMW, Bentley of Bellevue...

LOL

I was thinking about the $40 billion Air Force tanker contract awarded to Northrop, where Buzzed Hornet works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts