BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Had a little fun with a c63 amg today

4K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Revo 
#1 ·
Got on the freeway and noticed a c63 behind me in the other lane. I knew he saw me because he sped up to catch me and ended up right behind me. When the lanes opened up a little he got right next to me and got on the gas. Are these cars supposed to sound throaty? From what I can see he did suspension and maybe exhaust. I down shifted to 4th and took it to 90mph and pulled away from him. Too bad there was too traffic. I'd have to say the c63 can hold their own. I was a little nervous. Anyone have any insight?

#4 ·
Stumbled across this thread. I've owned both an M5 and a C63 (2012 C63 ordered). The major advantage the M5 has is approx +60hp when both cars are stock and the SMG. However, now that mercedes is offering the performance package plus which boosts hp up to 581 plus the new MCT transmission it can prove to be trouble for the E60 M5. But to the rescue comes the F10 M5, which unfortunately, will destroy the C63.
As for the exhaust the C63 has a pretty loud exhaust stock.

#11 ·
I agree. It is all personal preference. Someone somewhere is ALWAYS faster....if I have a fast M5/6 then someone has a Veyron. If someone has a Veyron, someone else has a 2000 HP viper....it never ends! lol

I say enjoy what you buy and try out a different car every few years!! Enjoy life :)

#15 ·
I liked the v10, but had some real trouble enjoying the smg in daily drive. Too twitchy for my taste. And yes, the "my car has 5 more hp than your car" are long gone...and i'm 25.
I love the 6.2 amg engine, and the exhaust note on the c63 is amazing. Really looking forward to receiving my own next autumn :) i made it real special. As said earlier, enjoy the cars you buy and try out different cars from time to time :)

#17 · (Edited)
i do have to say tho that the c63 in stock form is amazing. the exhaust note is unbelievable for a stock car and it's a monster. it pulled on me quick and i was in mdm mode in 3rd gear... props to amg for creating a beast of its own.

#22 ·
Limen said:
Yeah, I do remember that episode. Sure, the M3 will out-handle the C63 on a small, nimble course. But to say the C63 AMG handles like a 2003 Mustang is a little outlandish IMO. But yes, I do know it does not handle near as well as the M3.
I think he was referring to the CLS55 with that 03 Cobra analogy ;)

Dexter Morgan said:
Couldn't agree more. The days of "mine's faster than yours" are long over for me.I had a CLS55 AMG and it just wasn't the right car for me at all - in 20 years it will be, when I'm in my 50's. I am also too old for a C class or 3 series so that is no good for me either.
HighRevving said:
C'mon Dexter, you know you loved that supercharged monster

I really think the C219 platform is gorgeous. The CLS63's engine is fascinating as well. But lately I started looking at the CL63 and 65 - Thanks to BMW customer service.
Dexter Morgan said:
Believe me, the neck snapping torque is unbelievable, but it handled as well as my '03 Cobra did.

#24 ·
ahh, yes your right. My bad.

Yes, the CLS does feel quite a bit more "boaty"

#23 ·
We'll see. AMG thinks the new chassis on the C63 might even outperform the M3. I'm very skeptic towards that argument, but maybe it will be a little more nimble than before? They've also managed to make the ride more comfortable so that's a plus. It was nasty to drive on cobble stones while having to pee in the current C63 :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.