BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the freeway and noticed a c63 behind me in the other lane. I knew he saw me because he sped up to catch me and ended up right behind me. When the lanes opened up a little he got right next to me and got on the gas. Are these cars supposed to sound throaty? From what I can see he did suspension and maybe exhaust. I down shifted to 4th and took it to 90mph and pulled away from him. Too bad there was too traffic. I'd have to say the c63 can hold their own. I was a little nervous. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stumbled across this thread. I've owned both an M5 and a C63 (2012 C63 ordered). The major advantage the M5 has is approx +60hp when both cars are stock and the SMG. However, now that mercedes is offering the performance package plus which boosts hp up to 581 plus the new MCT transmission it can prove to be trouble for the E60 M5. But to the rescue comes the F10 M5, which unfortunately, will destroy the C63.
As for the exhaust the C63 has a pretty loud exhaust stock.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Stumbled across this thread. I've owned both an M5 and a C63 (2012 C63 ordered). The major advantage the M5 has is approx +60hp when both cars are stock and the SMG. However, now that mercedes is offering the performance package plus which boosts hp up to 581 plus the new MCT transmission it can prove to be trouble for the E60 M5. But to the rescue comes the F10 M5, which unfortunately, will destroy the C63.
I think you mean 481. :)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Unfortunate for the AMG owners, maybe. :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
they are pretty loud from the factory. once they get a tune in it, they can pretty much destroy us.
I would disagree. I had a C63 with a tune, headers and exhaust run me and only pull a car on me to 110, then I passed him...and I have a heavy convertible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh well. Both cars are incredibely fast so it doesn't really matter, at least for me if i am going to lose against an M5 :p the C63 competes with the M3 anyway, and the E63 will get the 5.5 biturbo and in turn competes with the M5.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Oh well. Both cars are incredibely fast so it doesn't really matter, at least for me if i am going to lose against an M5 :p the C63 competes with the M3 anyway, and the E63 will get the 5.5 biturbo and in turn competes with the M5.
I agree. It is all personal preference. Someone somewhere is ALWAYS faster....if I have a fast M5/6 then someone has a Veyron. If someone has a Veyron, someone else has a 2000 HP viper....it never ends! lol

I say enjoy what you buy and try out a different car every few years!! Enjoy life :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I agree. It is all personal preference. Someone somewhere is ALWAYS faster....if I have a fast M5/6 then someone has a Veyron. If someone has a Veyron, someone else has a 2000 HP viper....it never ends! lol

I say enjoy what you buy and try out a different car every few years!! Enjoy life :)
Couldn't agree more. The days of "mine's faster than yours" are long over for me. I had a CLS55 AMG and it just wasn't the right car for me at all - in 20 years it will be, when I'm in my 50's. I am also too old for a C class or 3 series so that is no good for me either.

The M5 is the perfect car for someone who loves performance but doesn't want to advertise that they're a c*ck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a CLS55 AMG and it just wasn't the right car for me at all - in 20 years it will be, when I'm in my 50's.
C'mon Dexter, you know you loved that supercharged monster mmmmmm

I really think the C219 platform is gorgeous. The CLS63's engine is fascinating as well. But lately I started looking at the CL63 and 65 - Thanks to BMW customer service. :confused3

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

I really think the C219 platform is gorgeous. The CLS63's engine is fascinating as well. But lately I started looking at the CL63 and 65 - Thanks to BMW customer service. :confused3
The 6.3 liter engine is pretty fantastic and relatively economical due to the electronics. Those are really great choices but I think that the service issue is common to both manufacturers. 2 bad acts by the MBZ service department resulted with us switching to BMW as a family choice after being a Mercedes family for over 20 years. Those bad acts cost MBZ 8 sales that have gone directly to BMW since 2005. Good luck to us all!!

I still secretly pine for that engine! The exhaust note is AMAZING!! :1:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I liked the v10, but had some real trouble enjoying the smg in daily drive. Too twitchy for my taste. And yes, the "my car has 5 more hp than your car" are long gone...and i'm 25.
I love the 6.2 amg engine, and the exhaust note on the c63 is amazing. Really looking forward to receiving my own next autumn :) i made it real special. As said earlier, enjoy the cars you buy and try out different cars from time to time :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

Believe me, the neck snapping torque is unbelievable, but it handled as well as my '03 Cobra did.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
i do have to say tho that the c63 in stock form is amazing. the exhaust note is unbelievable for a stock car and it's a monster. it pulled on me quick and i was in mdm mode in 3rd gear... props to amg for creating a beast of its own.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts