BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out doing a little yard work - came back in, closed the garage door and heard this loud flapping of wings.

I thought I had a bird in my house!

Bad enough, it was in my garage and by the time I went back out, it had crapped ALL OVER my beloved M5 - I mean, ALL OVER IT!

I just waxed it 2 days ago so I open the garage door and try talking to it like a friggin' idiot:

"Bird, out this way."
"Come on bird."
"Here birdie."

Stupid stuff like that.

It just cocked its head and looked at me like I'm nuts.

I get a broom out and it finally flys out but only after another nice deposit.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
See, and with the title I thought you were one of our UK posters, bragging about their escapades in the garage..

:))

A

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
tranck said:
I was out doing a little yard work - came back in, closed the garage door and heard this loud flapping of wings.

I thought I had a bird in my house!

Bad enough, it was in my garage and by the time I went back out, it had crapped ALL OVER my beloved M5 - I mean, ALL OVER IT!

I just waxed it 2 days ago so I open the garage door and try talking to it like a friggin' idiot:

"Bird, out this way."
"Come on bird."
"Here birdie."

Stupid stuff like that.

It just cocked its head and looked at me like I'm nuts.

I get a broom out and it finally flys out but only after another nice deposit.
We just saw the latest Batman movie. "What is it that you fear Bruce Wayne ?"
hiha hiha

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We used to get tons of birds in our shed when I was a kid. My brother and I used to catch them, tie a long string around their legs and fly them like a kite.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a_ok2me said:
We used to get tons of birds in our shed when I was a kid. My brother and I used to catch them, tie a long string around their legs and fly them like a kite.
I'm going to get PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) after you.

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
tranck said:

"Bird, out this way."
"Come on bird."
"Here birdie."
....I was expecting the next sound to be BANG...then..."thunk".

·
Registered
158 Posts
CSBM5 said:
....I was expecting the next sound to be BANG...then..."thunk".
There is a great ad floating on the internet for a Ford SportKa. A bird flies off a tree limb and heads towards the car. Just as it gets close to the hood (I guess bonnet, it's a brittish ad), the bonnet swings up smashing the bird which then falls to the ground dead. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the web.

Too bad the M5 doesn't have this feature.

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
tranck said:
I'm going to get PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) after you.
...just ate at the Angus Barn last night. :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CSBM5 said:
...just ate at the Angus Barn last night. :)
CSB, who's your tech at Leith? - I switched to Nate and imo, he's the best.

I've purchased 6 BMW's there and have had good and honest service there.

Curious as to what your opinion is.

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
tranck said:
CSB, who's your tech at Leith? - I switched to Nate and imo, he's the best.

I've purchased 6 BMW's there and have had good and honest service there.

Curious as to what your opinion is.
With my M5, Conrad worked on it the last time it was in there. He's a great guy, comes to CCA meetings, helps host the Leith Open House, etc. However, my M5 has been extremely problem-free, hence it has only been there twice for problems (one time O2 sensor, next time exhaust hanger). I will always ask for him from now on...see below.

I took my 330i in a couple of months ago for its scheduled maintenance brake fluid flush, but I'm not sure who the tech was (yet). This weekend, my son and I changed pads on the 330, and it was clear that the brake fluid had never been flushed on this car. The insides of the nipples were factory clean without one molecule of fluid, and the nipple nut edges have never had a wrench on them. Needless to say, I'm not very happy with this situation, and I have a call into the service manager this morning.

Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts