BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering the H&R springs. how do they impact the ride?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have my m6 with h&r springs and I'm not going to lie to you, ride is not as smooth as it was, you can really notice the difference. On the other hand, handling is much better. I think the same goes to m5s.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am thinking about picking up some H&R springs. I would like to hear some more imput from others on the board on comfort and performance.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
How fat is your ARSE ????

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
You gots any pot holes????

Does the shelia have any exxcess baggage on her ???

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It is sort of a give and take deal. You give some to get some. You have to give up some of that comfort in order to gain some of that handling and lowering look that you want.

Sometimes upgrading the shocks, so that they work with the springs more efficiently can help as well.

-Don

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I've had the H&R's for over 50,000 miles, and the best way to describe the ride is that you go up 1/2 setting on your EDC control. 'Comfort' is now halfway between stock 'Comfort' and 'Normal', etc.

I've also heard that the ride with these springs is MUCH stiffer on the M6. Certainly because the M6 is lighter, and possibly uses stiffer shocks.

I would rate the H&R springs+spacers as one of the best mods I've done. If I could only keep one of the mods I've made, that would probably be it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree with Keang24, I installed the HR Springs and 20's the same day and noticed the ride difference. Much firmer. I swapped back to my OEM 19's for a bit and think it is just perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts