BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my H&R Sport springs. I had 12mm spacers on the rear and it looked great, but rubbed on EVERY bump. I have 285/30/20 Miros out back. Does anyone know if I dropped down to 10mm spacers if it would still rub? Right now I took the rear spacers off but it looks kind of lame. I have 15mm front spacers that cause no problem.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
What's the offset of your wheels?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Is there a camber adjustment for the rear struts? Or are we talking a camber kit?

Ben
No kit necessary. An alignment shop should be able to do this for you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahmed, the they are 9.5 wheels with an ET 18.

Angel Slayer -- How do you adjust the rear camber on our cars without a camber kit?

Ben

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i say put the spacers back on and roll your fenders. i'm running the same setup on my car and no rubbing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does rolling the fenders entail? Is that something a typical body shop is capable of, or is this pretty detailed work?

Ben

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Angel Slayer -- How do you adjust the rear camber on our cars without a camber kit?
Hi Ben, my alignment shop has changed my rear camber multiple times now and I have never purchased a camber kit. We had my rear camber at -2.8 degrees temporarily due to spacers I had to run because of a BBK clearance issue. It's now back to being in spec. I've been under my car a few times and I believe all the adjustment points are already there but I wouldn't be able to point you at the exact adjustment since again the shop did all the work.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I left a message for someone else who was asking about this recently. You might want to find out where it's rubbing. I've found that the first point of rubbing is where the rear bumper meets the fender. At that spot there's a protrusion that you can sand down a little bit to help the rubbing. At least that's where it hit first for me.

Rolling the fenders: they either compress/trim/flatten the inner lining to provide you more clearance or they flare the fenders out a bit more to make room. The latter will cause the fender to stick out a tiny bit more which works and is fine but may not look right if you ever go back to stock wheels.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I left a message for someone else who was asking about this recently. You might want to find out where it's rubbing. I've found that the first point of rubbing is where the rear bumper meets the fender. At that spot there's a protrusion that you can sand down a little bit to help the rubbing. At least that's where it hit first for me.

Rolling the fenders: they either compress/trim/flatten the inner lining to provide you more clearance or they flare the fenders out a bit more to make room. The latter will cause the fender to stick out a tiny bit more which works and is fine but may not look right if you ever go back to stock wheels.
You're dead on the mark with regards to the rear whe rubbing where the fender and bumper meet. Are we talking simple wet sanding, or actually sanding and reshooting?

Ben

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I just had my shop sand down the little nub that was protruding there on the inside of the wheel well. Took it down about 1-2mm and then it was fine. They used a powered grinder. Can't see it at all from the outside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts