BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to report that we are receiving a limited supply of H&R springs for the new M6 (p/n 29158-1) this week! We already have some pre-orders, but have a few kits left. No more are coming into the country for perhaps up to 2 months. Call now to pre-order before they are all gone or order online at:
http://www.evosport.com/product/proddetail.aspx?partnum=HRS.SUS.B63.S02

Also, FINALLY more M5 spring kits (p/n 50463) inbound this week as well! These are also in limited quantity as H&R is still backordered. If you've been waiting, now's the time!! You can also order these online at: http://www.evosport.com/product/proddetail.aspx?partnum=HRS.SUS.B60.S03

·
Registered
316 Posts
Simon--
With the H&R springs, what is the most tire we can run with no fender modifications? I know some like Wolverine who purchased from you are running 285mm rear with 10mm spacers--so, is 295mm basically the max, or with the right offset wheel (custom HRE or similar) would it be possible to run 305mm rear tires with the springs?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
rjhoskins said:
Simon--
With the H&R springs, what is the most tire we can run with no fender modifications? I know some like Wolverine who purchased from you are running 285mm rear with 10mm spacers--so, is 295mm basically the max, or with the right offset wheel (custom HRE or similar) would it be possible to run 305mm rear tires with the springs?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Ryan- It would be safe to say that on a stock wheel setup, you could run a 295 in the rear. You could probably still run a spacer, though it would probably have to be smaller than a 10mm which may not be worth doing. And yes, the tire size you run is certainly dictated in a large way by the offset of the wheels. As an example, we had built our own "evosport" branded wheels for the E46 M3 with specific offsets for that car and managed to squeeze a 275 front and 295 rear with no rubbing. So it is possible to fit a 305 with the correct offset, absolutely. As far as working this package with springs, the fronts will be fine. It's the rear that is typically the concern depending on how much camber you can dial into the car to mitigate rubbing w/o having to modify the fenders. My guess right now you can go 295 w/ springs, although under heavy compression, it may rub slightly.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H&R Springs for M5 and M6 are IN STOCK!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
rjhoskins said:
Simon--

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
There is a very slight rubbing in the rear (twice going up a steep hill with tight curves) with 4 people in the car on the softest suspension setting. No rubbing otherwise with 4 people. I'm running 20" BBS RS-GT's with 285/30 Michelin PS2's in back with the Evosport 10mm spacers. I'm not going to do anything, since the problem is barely perceptible, and only in a special situation, with 4 people in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts