BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are pics of my car before and after H&R springs. The before pic kind of hides the fender gap that was noticeable with the stock springs.

The ride is ever so slightly firmer, though I didn't detect any additional harshness over bumps. IMO the firmer springs work better with the firmer EDC settings in which the car with OE springs feels somewhat undersprung.

I'd say it is a great upgrade, especially for ~$300. (Parts only, a friend and I did the install) The car looks better and that alone is worth the cost.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cerberos said:
Very nice. The tire/rim combo looks much better with the car dropped. What rims are those?
Thanks! The rims are BBS CK, you can see more info here.

H&R quotes the drop as 1.25" front .75" rear.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
e6tme said:
Thanks! The rims are BBS CK, you can see more info here.

H&R quotes the drop as 1.25" front .75" rear.
What was the process for ordering these in the anthracite? Who did you order them through?

These are great looking wheels and from what I can see, they are very reasonably priced compared to many others.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jfenley said:
What was the process for ordering these in the anthracite? Who did you order them through?

These are great looking wheels and from what I can see, they are very reasonably priced compared to many others.
Anthracite is available special order from Germany. Any authorized BBS dealer should be able to get them for you. If you don't have any luck PM me and I can give you my dealer's info.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Looks great Ramana. Glad to see you finally got the car back on the road and lowered. Any effect on the handling characteristics of the car?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Im in for a group lunch..I can show everyone my new 22" inch chrome spinners.

MT

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TCM said:
Looks great Ramana. Glad to see you finally got the car back on the road and lowered. Any effect on the handling characteristics of the car?

Thanks TC, the car's been great since I got it back. Just passed 1500 miles. Haven't put many miles on the new springs, but I find them to be only slightly firmer than the oe setup. No additional harshness, but the slightly higher spring rate complements the firmer settings of the EDC better.

I'm up for a group lunch anytime too!

·
Registered
241 Posts
e6tme said:
Below are pics of my car before and after H&R springs. The before pic kind of hides the fender gap that was noticeable with the stock springs.

The ride is ever so slightly firmer, though I didn't detect any additional harshness over bumps. IMO the firmer springs work better with the firmer EDC settings in which the car with OE springs feels somewhat undersprung.

I'd say it is a great upgrade, especially for ~$300. (Parts only, a friend and I did the install) The car looks better and that alone is worth the cost.

Where did you buy the springs? Seems like everybody is back-ordered on them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Terrence said:
Where did you buy the springs? Seems like everybody is back-ordered on them.

Thanks.
Evosport can get them for you within 2-3 weeks if you pay for air freight - adds $150 to the cost. I went ahead and ordered them, as opposed to waiting a quoted 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks nice. The front lowering is much more noticeable (and needed
)--doesn't look like the rear dropped much. Do you know how much lower the front & rear are?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
e6tme....A great addition for sure.
It didn't take you long to change the wheels out.
What are they Neez? EuroSupercross what size rim 19?
If so I'd love to see some more pictures

APPLES

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jfenley said:
Evosport can get them for you within 2-3 weeks if you pay for air freight - adds $150 to the cost. I went ahead and ordered them, as opposed to waiting a quoted 5-6 weeks.
I had actually ordered the springs about a month ago when H&R had just received the first batch. I would be suprised if there were no H&R distributors that had them. Did you try Turner Motorsports? I will see if my dealer can get a set.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Apples said:
e6tme....A great addition for sure.
It didn't take you long to change the wheels out.
What are they Neez? EuroSupercross what size rim 19?
If so I'd love to see some more pictures

APPLES
BBS CKs. They look even better in real life.

Congrats on the performance in Maui!

'Rocket

1 - 20 of 43 Posts