BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had H&R springs along with 20 inch wheels installed today, my tech was unable to align the front wheels, he was able to align the rears with no problem, but they were unable to align the front. They told me I would need to get a camber kit in order to align the front.

I have notice a few board members have also lowered there M5's with both H&R and Hartge springs but I never heard anyone mention if they had problems with alignment. Has anyone had any alignment issue once the car was lowered?....Any feed back would be greatly appricated....Thanks...Jay.S

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump......come on guys someone here has to have this info.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Makes sence but I have't heard anything.....

I have H&R's coming in a few weeks so i'd like to know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
TOPSUPRA said:
I had H&R springs along with 20 inch wheels installed today, my tech was unable to align the front wheels, he was able to align the rears with no problem, but they were unable to align the front. They told me I would need to get a camber kit in order to align the front.

I have notice a few board members have also lowered there M5's with both H&R and Hartge springs but I never heard anyone mention if they had problems with alignment. Has anyone had any alignment issue once the car was lowered?....Any feed back would be greatly appricated....Thanks...Jay.S
Had mine lowered with H & R, but no alignment issues.

She rides well, if possibly a little stiffer.

Handling I think is better, know doubt due to the lower centre of gravity.

I occasionally scrape the plastic lip under the car when approaching speed humps, but all that is required is to think a little and adjust driving style. So when you see a large speed hump slow down!

I won't be going back to stock springs, they can stay in the box!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had H&R springs installed a couple of weeks ago and no problems at all with the alignment. Car pulled a bit to the right at first, but had the alignment redone and swapped the two front wheels and now it rised straight

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info I guess Im going to have another place try doing the alignment....Do you know if they used the same specs of the 545 to align your M5....The guys that did my alignment told me that the manufacture of the alignment machince told them to use the same specs as the 545......When I drove home the car wasnt pulling at all but from what the alignment machice shows it says it will eat up the edge of the tire over time...I will post pic's of the car with the rims tomorrow.....Thanks....Jay.S

·
Registered
72 Posts
TOPSUPRA said:
Thanks for the info I guess Im going to have another place try doing the alignment....Do you know if they used the same specs of the 545 to align your M5....The guys that did my alignment told me that the manufacture of the alignment machince told them to use the same specs as the 545......When I drove home the car wasnt pulling at all but from what the alignment machice shows it says it will eat up the edge of the tire over time...I will post pic's of the car with the rims tomorrow.....Thanks....Jay.S
Jay,
don't think they used the 545 specs, but might want to call them directly. Number is 510-783-8383. Ask for Kin.

Kevin

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slvrgrym5 said:
Jay,
don't think they used the 545 specs, but might want to call them directly. Number is 510-783-8383. Ask for Kin.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin I'll give them a call tomorrow, I don't want the wear the tires out....

Have any board members had alignment issues with the larger 20 inch or 21 inch wheels?.....

Thanks...Jay.S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts