·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one gives you better ride??

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
some people dont like H&R and some like me dont have a problem with it....different people have different opinions but I would go with H&R

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cant comment on the H&R but I got the eibachs put on a week ago and it pretty much rides like stock.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have H&R sport springs on my E46 M3 ... drives relatively stiff, but not too stiff for me...I like the feel of it more than stock

I have H&R race springs on my E30...and this car is slammed...very stiff, especially over bumps...however, I like the hard ride on this car as it is fun to drive...

I agree that H&R are stiffer than Eibach

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I got Hartge and love them.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
H&R is stiffer and bumpier compared to Eibach. But, H&R gives better steering response during cornering. What's your priority? Better handling or comfort?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
H&R is stiffer and bumpier compared to Eibach. But, H&R gives better steering response during cornering. What's your priority? Better handling or comfort?
i want both better handling and comfort but I have to choose one I would say comfort...so I guess I have to go with Eibach!!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Go with Hartge or Eibach and get Dinan bars, you will be happy. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I had Eibach on my car but replaced them with H&R Eibach springs make your car too low up front and not low enough in the rear H&R is a stiffer ride. :wroom:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had Eibach on my car but replaced them with H&R Eibach springs make your car too low up front and not low enough in the rear H&R is a stiffer ride. :wroom:
thanks, do you have pics by any chance?

·
Registered
269 Posts
H&R is not the correct spring rate for the damping we have. The rear is way too stiff. Also, just because a spring is stiffer doesnt mean the car handles better. The suspension is designed to have body roll to a degree, and a compliant ride is a safer and more controlled ride.

Case in point, taking an on ramp at about 80mph I hit a lot of bumps in the road and the damn car hopped so much in the rear I almost hopped off the damn street into a ditch. Softer springs that are more compliant and conform to the damping will give you BETTER handling. Additionally, when you hit a graduated bump, like a quick incline, the rear of the car launches in the air, making me hit my head on the ceiling. It should not do this if properly springed.

Go with Eibach or Hartge.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is a pic w H&R. If you arent going to drive the car at the limit, dont mind the occasional bump on the ceiling, and want the lowest ride, go w H&R. When I am walking up to the car from afar, it looks dumped. There will never be a way to close the wheelgap completely as the arches are large, maybe with gangstered out 22s, but who does that...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
So im assuming the lowest spring drop is going to be with H&R? Does anyone have a side profile with these springs. I can search on the forum but if anyone has them handy, much appreciated.... What rims are on that white m6? Are those HRE? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
DPE rims

What does these rims run for? Im assuming they are three piece rims. Do they come in 21 inches? Anyone have more pics of this rim on their m6?

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
What does these rims run for? Im assuming they are three piece rims. Do they come in 21 inches? Anyone have more pics of this rim on their m6?
They vary according to size and finish. We do have some pretty nice pricing right now on DPE though. Alas, we can't quote in public (manufacturers like to protect pricing), but you can PM me or call RacePrecision and we'll gladly give you the details.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts