BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Here's the deal.....................
I recently ordered HRE rims in the 19 inch size, style 447R, 9 inch front and 10 inch rear. These rims should be done by the end of this month.
My car has the Dinan JRZ stage 2 suspension, so the car's height dropped by approx. 3/4 of an inch. For this reason Im looking to get 265/30/19 for the front and 285/30/19 for the rear. Here's the kicker...........
I wanted to get the original Pilot Sports but they don't exist in my needed size. My second choice is the PS2 tires. I spoke with Tire Rack about getting the PS2 tires. I was told that the 285 size is on backorder until the end of April or possibly May of 05.
My current rims and rubber which are mounted on the car are officially sold to a member of this message board, and he'll probably take his rims at or around the end of this month. So now I'll have rims with no tires. Plus my car will be on 4 jack stands inside my garage, with no rims & tires on the car.
I think you get the picture! What do you suggest I do with acquiring four tires for my new rims? Thank you for your replies.
Robert :sad2:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrightsville Beast said:
Goodyear Eagle F1's! I love mine. :M5launch:

You may want to check on availability in that size though.

You'll love this one..... GoodYear's F1 tire goes up to a 275, and that's it!
You can't get a 285 or larger tire in the F1 tire. I thought your idea would be a good backup plan, until I was told, I couldn't get a 285 size in the F1 tire. :mad:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Robert. FWIW, I'm pretty happy with the 245/275 PS2 combo on my car, which has the Dinan JRZ suspension and 9"/10" wide BBS wheels. Great stick and the car feels very responsive.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Hi Guys, Here's the deal.....................
I recently ordered HRE rims in the 19 inch size, style 447R, 9 inch front and 10 inch rear. These rims should be done by the end of this month.
My car has the Dinan JRZ stage 2 suspension, so the car's height dropped by approx. 3/4 of an inch. For this reason Im looking to get 265/30/19 for the front and 285/30/19 for the rear. Here's the kicker...........
I wanted to get the original Pilot Sports but they don't exist in my needed size. My second choice is the PS2 tires. I spoke with Tire Rack about getting the PS2 tires. I was told that the 285 size is on backorder until the end of April or possibly May of 05.
My current rims and rubber which are mounted on the car are officially sold to a member of this message board, and he'll probably take his rims at or around the end of this month. So now I'll have rims with no tires. Plus my car will be on 4 jack stands inside my garage, with no rims & tires on the car.
I think you get the picture! What do you suggest I do with acquiring four tires for my new rims? Thank you for your replies.
Robert :sad2:
I agree with Tin's approach of looking outside the US.

A top-notch vendor in Belgium that sells Michelin PS2 tires to Porsche owners is Carnewal (http://www.carnewal.com). I have heard a lot of good things about this company, and I believe they have shipped tires to the US in the past.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
According to the Michelin specs, a 275 has a section width of 10.9", and a 285 is 11.4". I'd go with a 275 PS2 without any hesitation. It will look better (less buldge, fitting the rim better - not resembling a fat guy with a too-tight belt), ride more quietly, better aero, superior wet traction, and reduce chances of rubbing. But then, I'm a fan of stock tire sizes so there you go...

·
Registered
439 Posts
you could check all the bling bling tire places to see if anyone stocks them. or u could just buy 2 kumhos or nittos for cheap and sell them when the other tire becomes available.

ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts