BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through my job I had been loaned a new E60 M5 for this weekend. I have been beside myself since being told I could have it for a couple of days so receiving the keys this Friday morning was absolutely fantastic.

Sitting in traffic on the way home I must have run over a piece of metal that sliced straight through the middle of the rear tyre. No run flats, no spare so I used the expanding foam which didn't work therefore BMW sent a local recovery agent to collect the car and take it home.

The only available replacement tyre is some 400miles away and can't be delivered / fitted for six days! The M5's sitting in my drive and can't turn a wheel. Wifes threatened to leave me if I don't stop sneaking out the house to just sit in it! :crying:

My situation does highlight a possible problem if any of you lucky E60 owners gets a puncture. Maybe worth asking your local dealer to confirm the league time for replacement tyres.

·
Registered
559 Posts
agreig said:
Through my job I had been loaned a new E60 M5 for this weekend. I have been beside myself since being told I could have it for a couple of days so receiving the keys this Friday morning was absolutely fantastic.

Sitting in traffic on the way home I must have run over a piece of metal that sliced straight through the middle of the rear tyre. No run flats, no spare so I used the expanding foam which didn't work therefore BMW sent a local recovery agent to collect the car and take it home.

The only available replacement tyre is some 400miles away and can't be delivered / fitted for six days! The M5's sitting in my drive and can't turn a wheel. Wifes threatened to leave me if I don't stop sneaking out the house to just sit in it! :crying:

My situation does highlight a possible problem if any of you lucky E60 owners gets a puncture. Maybe worth asking your local dealer to confirm the league time for replacement tyres.
Ouch! That is unfortunate. It could happen to any of us I suppose. I hope they can replace it for you sooner rather than later.

Best regards,

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Bummer :(

My tyre shop is quoting me next day delivery and £215 each for the rears - not bad at all methinks.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Bummer :(

My tyre shop is quoting me next day delivery and £215 each for the rears - not bad at all methinks.
Sounds like a top deal, Ashok! Can you send me their details, please? I'd like to order a couple to have them on standby...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Biltons of Perivale. I've been using them for years. They do alignment & tyre work for H R Owen sports cars (London Lamborghini) etc.

Telephone number is (020) 8566 9766 - ask for "Slim" and tell him Mr. Arora sent you ;)

Thinking about it now I don't recall whether the Contis were £215 and the Pirelli's £257 (or was it the other way around?!); nonetheless great service & value :M5thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Biltons of Perivale. I've been using them for years. They do alignment & tyre work for H R Owen sports cars (London Lamborghini) etc.

Telephone number is (020) 8566 9766 - ask for "Slim" and tell him Mr. Arora sent you ;)

Thinking about it now I don't recall whether the Contis were £215 and the Pirelli's £257 (or was it the other way around?!); nonetheless great service & value :M5thumbs:
Excellent. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts