BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this EBAY auction.. looks like the pics have been used from your write up..

Hope he asked permission..

Here is the link

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Can't you complain about this Gustav?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
If the guy is selling just a spot for $20K+, the least he can do is not plagiarize someone else's photos.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sure, only except that the guy did not make any reference to this site for BORROWING the pictures.:M5launch:

Dirim said:
On the positive side, you can look at it as advertisement of m5board.com ;)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If enough of us email the seller and tell him to take it down, or reference the site do you think we might have a case?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'd love to see a copy of his signed contract with deposit from the dealer. It probably says the contract is non-transferrable, if it exists. The seller has never sold anything on ebay. First sale on ebay...good. First sale on ebay a new car that can't even be bought yet in the US...bad.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is this person a board member? wish I had thought of the idea to get on a waiting list and then sell it, is this legal, does the dealership have to honor a situation like this? Josh

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
bmwusa said:
Is this person a board member? wish I had thought of the idea to get on a waiting list and then sell it, is this legal, does the dealership have to honor a situation like this? Josh
My contract, and most signed contracts, are purchase orders with a Purchaser Name, the purchaser's signature, dealer's signature, and a deposit. Any other contract is not legally binding -- a gentleman's agreement?. This written contract is (should) not be binding for the dealer to honor with another unspecified person without his voluntary acceptance of the change of terms of the contract. In my state, the dealer would have to register the car's title in my name, and I would need to show insurance for the car at the time of purchase. this is required before it can be titled. I would also pay the taxes up-front. Once the car is titled in my name, I can sell it as a used car and someone will need to pay the taxes and title fees again for this.

If someone has a dealer that will sell an M5 at MSRP to someone a potential customer brings in off the street at the last minute, I'd like to meet this dealer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I can't believe there's been 19 bids, up to $30,100 USD on a place on a list. Someone is going to get scammed big time out of that...

Isn't it possible to go to an out of town dealer in the states and order an M5 at retail price and be one of perhaps 2 or 3 people awaiting delivery??

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
You're assuming those bidders are legitimate too. :D

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
$39,100 final bid for a chance to buy an M5. The dealer can charge whatever he wants for this car now -- over and above the $39K for the place in line for a chance to buy it. I bet he gets a hefty premium from the bidder as well. The car will be in the ludicrous price range if actually purchased.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If bidder is legit, he has too much money and not enough patience, Josh

·
Registered
330 Posts
Unfortunately, unless you copyright each picture you take, its fair game for anyone to use without permission from the owner of the picture. Unless you copyrighted the pic you cannot sue someone or demand money.

It is common courtesy to ask permission first, or at least try to find the owner of the pic and ask them, or simply give credit where credit is due.

Hopefully you can state your case and ebay will assist you in shutting down the auction.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think it's the same in Sweden, but it sure is in Denmark.

We have laws here that says, no matter if you copyright your pictures or not, they will ALWAYS be automaticly copyrighted. So it is straight illegal what this guy is doing.

Btw: I also saw EKAN's car on www.autoscout24.de, sorry i didn't tell you ekan, but do a search under M5's....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts