BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just found out that my first exam is on the 16th ! Gutted. Final year of a 4 year degree and the rally starts 2 days before !

Typical. I think i will just have to go or see if the start (exam/gumball) can be altered a bit !!!!!!

(Wishful thinking)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am flying back from Monaco the day before on Friday... wonder if I can catch a boat that evening with my M5 and make it over.

Anyone else want to do a road trip from Ireland? :wroom:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd love to head over - might be a bit busy around that time though - i'll need to check. Stena line goes out in the morning @ 11.10am. The crossing takes 99mins and costs €290 per car return. Would you be back in time for that one?

Paul

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Paul M5 said:
I'd love to head over - might be a bit busy around that time though - i'll need to check. Stena line goes out in the morning @ 11.10am. The crossing takes 99mins and costs €290 per car return. Would you be back in time for that one?

Paul
I will be back by Friday afternoon so I guess we can take the Saturday morning boat? Would be cool. I know a few people in London too so it should be a blast.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Exactly - nothing like a blast cross country in a nice powerful car - to then go and see some other dream machines. Driving, not flying - thats the way to go. Isn't that what we're all on this forum for? The love of driving our M5's?? :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yeah I mean last time I went on holiday, I flew with BA.
It was terrible.
He kept shouting "You crazy fool, I ain't getting on no plane!"

hiha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you guys participating in the gumball worried at all about the rising gas prices or is that just a problem over here in the States? or maybe you are more worried about the various police found in other countries?

·
Registered
158 Posts
lakecitylemansm5 said:
Are you guys participating in the gumball worried at all about the rising gas prices or is that just a problem over here in the States? or maybe you are more worried about the various police found in other countries?
If you can do a Gumball, fuel cost is not your first concern.

·
Registered
32 Posts
lakecitylemansm5 said:
Gas prices in the states? You still only pay £20 > $30 per tanks dont you? I dont mean it in a harsh way but you have it very good. Had a relative over from the states recently and his face was an absolute picture watching him fill his hire Renault Laguna up and paying for it. 42 notes it set him back which at the current exchange rate is $78.54 !

I no its all relative but........ you could 4 full tanks for one of ours!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
lakecitylemansm5 said:
Yes, ....very worrying!!

The alternative is to push your car everywhere or buy a diesel.....off to find some comfy shoes ( Hi Ant!)

·
Registered
309 Posts
535d twin turbo diesel would be perfect for gumball! :byee55amg

·
Registered
487 Posts
And getting de 535d tuned to 350hp, it's possible, now that would be a cool car to drive I reckon...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was only joking about Diesel Gumballing - but I looked at those stats and thats one serious car. Couldnt see me picking it over an M5 though.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts