BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MPire did that's who! Pics to come.

I was in the shop and started it with my GF standing there and I swear it was virtually the same moment as depicted by 'Rocket's video when he put his on. Me going "wow" with a rev to 5500, and my GF saying "that's obnoxious." :haha:

Driving home was sweet, too bad I live 2 miles from this shop. Tyrese and Duane Martin (singer & actor respectively) were there too. Lots of LA celebs get there rides done here but they cater more to hip hop customization and magazine/show style mods than true performance :rolleyes: (Platinum Motorsports). I got it for $2800 installed out the door.

Also blacked out the kidney and side grills with parts from bimmian. Have to stop at the dealer and get an M5 sticker for the gills though because unlike the M3 gills, the sticker piece is glued into place and can't be swapped out.

Now I need to fnd excuses to drive :cool: !

Ali

·
Registered
696 Posts
"Guess who got an eisenmann race put on today?"

You??

I havnt heard the race version but a lot of people cant stand it after a few weeks/months...too loud...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Eisenmann race exhaust.

Too loud!!!????? No way liquido. It sounds awesome, and I had the same reaction as MPire when I had mine installed. WOW! Congrats MPire you are gonna love it!:M5rev:
Great price by the way!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bmwbonehead said:
$2800? That's a great deal. Did you get the ovals or round tips?
Ovals are the only way to go. Although I spaced and forgot to give the moron specific instructions not to alter the diffusor so they ended up shaving down quite a bit (<1") on the outside edges of the exhaust space. It looks the same to the eye, and they sanded it off very clean, but I know not all of us have had this done. I feel like it's a lazy tactic to not have to fine tune / tweak fitment. I also noticed that the tips seem to be angled (from a birds eye view) to be flush with the diffusor, but mine come out a bit and the line isn't parallel/flush.

Going out to take pics.

Ali

·
Registered
118 Posts
BADass I have an eise Race too, and I love it. A Super Sedan should be over the top in ever aspect and now that I have the sound, it is.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pics up :biggrin: . How similar is this fitment to any of yours who have one?

Note the angle of diffusor to that of the pipes from the birdseye angle, seems off/not parallel. And positioning from the rear feels imbalanced/asymmetric. Should the pipes be more flush?

Lemme know...

Ali

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
glowrider said:
When did you order? I've been waiting for stock on this for weeks now...
I ordered through Platinum Motorsports about 2 weeks ago after shopping around to find no Southern California retailers with any stock, and Eisenhaus with no inventory or ETA. Apparently they have an inside track with Eisenhaus. I was very impressed and shocked to find that they actual were able to get a hold of one in the promised time frame. The one time I pessimistically called to check on the status I was literally told: "Come in in half an hour and I'll put it on for you." Now that's treatment!

All at $2800 out the door (parts/tax/labor)!!

Ali

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I just hope it wasn't one of those Eysenmann units!:hihi:

·
Moderator Emeritus
1,792 Posts
I have a great price lined up with Discovery Auto, I just can't find any inventory. Maybe I'll call your guys, I don't like waiting...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
glowrider said:
I have a great price lined up with Discovery Auto, I just can't find any inventory. Maybe I'll call your guys, I don't like waiting...
Seems like anyone in the market for one is doing a lot of that right now. I really can't explain my good fortune unless like andrew says it's an eyesenman :p .

My guys are of course in CA and eisenhaus on the east coast, so it would seem silly to order from Platinum for shipping back to the east coast. But if you gotta have it and that's the only way with a good price to boot - why not?

Platinum motorsports
323 935 9222

Ask for A.Z. and tell him Ali with the white M5 and Eisenmann race sent you.

Ali

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Please post sounds! The sound must be wild. I get pulled over every now and then by kids who tell me that the OEM exhaust sounds fantastic. One day I rolled the windows down and I agree. I would love to hear it even more extreme- though in my case, I prefer the more discrete OEM sound.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are plenty of sound files in the forums on this thing. Do a quick search.

Ali

1 - 20 of 57 Posts