BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to http://www.webuyanycar.com my 1994 3.8 is worth the princely sum of £925! Now who says we aren't being offered fair money for our cars?

I think I'll hold on to mine a bit longer.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The said mine was worth £465 - I think their system is chopping the trailing zero off the amount :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine 1995 M-reg 525i is worth only £220 :haha2:

Not even worth the time I spend answering all those questions! :typing:

Where do they get those prices from? ouich

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Let me guess, a Cecotto is worth £1K,
a 20 Jahre £1500 and a Mclaren F1 about ten grand?

hiha

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
£525 for mine .....I think I'll make an appointment and see what they have to say for themselves ......

Mine is booked in for drop off in Essex tomorrow afternoon .......I think I'll wait for the call asking why I haven't delivered and tell them that I've sold it to my friend for £550 !

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ahh, as you can see they weren't so forthcoming with a valuation
quote for my second car :M5thumbs:

Valuation Reference: WBAC02038900
Vehicle Details: BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GTC 6.0 W12 2dr Auto (2006 on) 2,000 Miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear sigmund hofmister,

We apologise that we are unable to provide you with an instant valuation for your vehicle on this occasion; however, the details have been passed to one of our expert valuers for a more detailed valuation. Our valuer will contact you by the end of the next working day by phone or email to provide you with a personalised valuation for your vehicle.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience - we'll be back to you as soon as possible!

:M5launch::M5thumbs:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Well I got my expected call from Richard at ' We buy your car for peanuts ' this afternoon to remind me of my missed booking .

I apologised and advised him that after telling a friend that I was going to sell my E34 3.6 M5 for £525 , that friend offered me £575 ....which I accepted . I explained that in the excitement of selling my car , I had forgotten to cancel the appointment .

I don't know how he stayed professional , but he comforted me by stating , ' Well you've got to do it , haven't you !? '

oh dear !

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well I got my expected call from Richard at ' We buy your car for peanuts ' this afternoon to remind me of my missed booking .

I apologised and advised him that after telling a friend that I was going to sell my E34 3.6 M5 for £525 , that friend offered me £575 ....which I accepted . I explained that in the excitement of selling my car , I had forgotten to cancel the appointment .

I don't know how he stayed professional , but he comforted me by stating , ' Well you've got to do it , haven't you !? '

oh dear !
You should have said your friend offered you £5,000 for it, and after a lot of thought you decided to go with your friend's offer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
davidoli aren't You selling any other M5 now? :confused:
I will take two for £600 each, maybe £650 if the cars will be nice low milage examples with all the work recently done! :hihi:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm still awaiting my quote on the Bentley...I may take them up
on their offer...it is rather a large car to keep in the suburbs :blabla:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Much amusement. £100.

It would cost more than that in petrol delivering it to them!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Lets start a website buying vehicle for TWICE as much as they do....

Imagine the 750i's & S38's we'd amass in a single week ! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Good plan Al.......funny that you should mention 750i s ....check out my new E32 750iL V12 NON CATS , purchased last week !

·
Registered
168 Posts
You know, these guy provide a valuable service. If you are short and need that hit of crack, these guys have got you covered. They probably bought one or two vehicles from Amy Winehouse.:7:

Yeah, I know I'm bad...:nono:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good plan Al.......funny that you should mention 750i s ....check out my new E32 750iL V12 NON CATS , purchased last week !

Ah, the M70 v12. Nice Lump. Remember it fondly, smooth cruiser, lots of torque. It's all the sub-systems that will drive you to drink if and when the gremlins pop up. Enjoy.

Reactions: davidoli
1 - 20 of 20 Posts