BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you 'sponsored' vendors interested in sponsoring a Group Buy? Am I allowed to proposed to set one up myself if no vendors step forward? Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
You are free to set up agroup buy. You can use any external non-sponsor company for ONE group buy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd be interested in one. Anybody used them? Fun factor?

Thanks.:byee55amg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BKH said:
Definitely interested in one, maybe two units.
As you guys can see, the demand for this little gem was not so great when I first proposed this buy. I only got about 5 responders; well short of the 20 needed to get 25% off. I ended up buying my own at much less of a discount. If someone else would like to run with a new buy, I may just get another, as I have hardwired mine in the beast, and often want to move it around. I think Beastpower had even once suggested they would be open to a Group Buy, even though I did not select them previously....

·
Registered
160 Posts
What do you think of the unit? Is it fun or useful? I'd be interested to hear how it works for you and thanks for trying!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stoner said:
What do you think of the unit? Is it fun or useful? I'd be interested to hear how it works for you and thanks for trying!
It works like a champ. I have had little time and avialable roadway, so I have not been able to collect many straightline 'runs' yet. I was initially a bit disapointed since the 1/4 mile times were fairly good, but that the HP was quite low. After reading the manual I now have a much better understanding of the process, and have yet to run a true 'HP run' yet. :M5launch: You are also looking at an 'Available' HP measurement, which means drag and rolling resistance are considered, unlike on a dyno. I can tell you that the much balyhoo'ed RPM problem has NOT been one for me. Is seems to read the RPMs flawlessly, and this is without all the lights, radio, A/c, etc turned on high, that others claim is required with the older GTech model. Maybe I have a Friday BMW Alternator?

Most of what I have really looked at is more along the lines of roadholding, and here it is quite cool. The software is also very useful. There is a virtual G-Meter (2 bar graphs) which shows lateral and horizontal Gs, along with a little peak hold indicator. I've had a blast in a parking lot going in faster and faster circles to see how well she will hold the road under load. You can sort of see how high the peak gets since as soon as she gets loose, the Gs fall off sharply. I see this as a great way to tweek tire pressures at some point. Make sure the parking lot is BIG; I was all over the place...

I think most will find the 'Advanced' portion of the manual to be good reading as well. All in all it is very easy to use. Actually, I think you may need a mechanical engineeing degree to figure out the mount, but once you get it on, it ain't going anywhere....In a nutshell, I would purchase this again, in fact I may just get another, and permanently mount this one better. It is worth every dime of list and a steal at a discount. Perhaps not so useful to the casual user, as you may get bored looking at the G meter (might be better to borrow one for a week or two), but for a 'Car Guy' this thing is the best...

My $0.05....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hmmmm, that sounds great. It sounds like you use yours the way I'd use mine! Thanks for the great explanation, I may have to go get one.

Just what a car guy needs, more gadgets!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts