BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not really a fan of intakes after I've seen the AFe and K&N in action, but for the sake of argument, I gotta ask about the GruppeM.

It looks good, has scoops ala RPi, is kinda enclosed like the OEM system.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would like to know more info as well..

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Two summers ago I purchase the Gruppe M intakes. They look nice but are useless. On multiple dyno's at different times there was never any rwhp gains demonstrated.
Save your money. I do not recommend them.

Now if you are interested in a true CAI system checkout the ASR Engineering set up. It is awesome and truly makes power.
There have been many threads on the ASR air intakes.

Good luck
Ranger

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
In my M5 the Gruppe M intakes did not make a desireable sound with increase throttle.
The CF piece that sits behind the front grills is supposed to funnel air (ram air?) did nothing. I went back to the stock air boxes but kept the air funnel piece and it did nothing. It was supposed to function the same as the RPI scoops but no deal.

One last time, do not waste your money.

Ranger

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thats a dissapointment. I think its the best looking intake out there though..

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Thats a dissapointment. I think its the best looking intake out there though..
Have you done any research? I guess you are not informed about ASR Engineering or maybe you are a hater.
The ASR intakes are awesome and above all make real rwhp. They also truly decrease engine temp.
But you know what, I give up.

Ranger

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
M5ranger, I dont think he is hatin, its just that he likes the design of the gruppeM Intake and I agree it does look stunning in CF. RatedM was just dissapointed of the results you stated I believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts