BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies in advance for using this board to vent...

BMWNA advised my dealer that my car had gone into 112 status (ready for production) yesterday. As expected, I then made my color and my option choices.

Today we find out that it had been in 112 status for several days, but that the BMWNA computer didn't notify my dealer. By the time my dealer knew it was ready for production, production had already begun.

My options now are to (1) Take the car as the dealer originally ordered it or (2) get 'my' car but with a three week delay.

Now, I know that there are people in this world who don't have food, so I don't want to complain about waiting three additional weeks for my M5. But damnit.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Listen to Mark, there is not an accessory he has not considered..... Mark is my accessory expert, we are glad to have him in that post.

------------------
Jim
00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
417 Posts
Your dealer messed up. The order for the car is "locked in" at 1 month before production. I haven't heard of anyone changing their order within days of production. Maybe it is different for this month since the factory has just reopened after their August break...but still though it sounds like the dealer's fumble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try having your car built, shipped to the US, and got damaged at the port with bent front hood, hosed fender, mudguard, and bumper.

That was a 4-month extra waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts