BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Corsa says the first run of exhausts should clear production and be available mid January 2008 or so. While historically Corsa has been pretty good with hitting their estimated release dates, we've seen many MANY automotive parts manufacturers miss their projected dates by quite a bit. Because of this, I don't want to quote you any hard dates for launch. It should be right about this timeframe though.

You can place the order immediately by calling Eloy at RacePrecision at (562) 630-5966. When enough people place their orders, the group purchase goes forward.

·
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Err, let me clarify. We just want people who are sure they want in to let us know. No cards are being charged now, no deposit is being taken, etc. We just need a real headcount now that you guys know the details.

·
2,432 Posts
This will be the official list. In a couple of weeks, we will take a deposit before the final shipment arrives.

1) M5 Froth
2) M-POWER 77

3) Knobcreek
4) PetesM5
5) KahunaCanuck
6) Frank
7) 07M5NJ
8) Hattrick
9)
10)

·
Registered
235 Posts
This will be the official list. In a couple of weeks, we will take a deposit before the final shipment arrives.

1) M5 Froth
2) M-POWER 77

3) Knobcreek
4) PetesM5
5) KahunaCanuck
6) Frank
7) 07M5NJ
8) Hattrick
9)Princealidds
10)

·
2,432 Posts
What is the group price?
Originally Posted by NobleM400
Gentlemen:

Update to the Corsa group purchase here. Apparently, we figured out why that other group purchase didn't quite happen. Corsa wants these sold at MSRP, or they'll drop you as a dealer.

So, here's one option on what we may be able to do.

We sell these at MSRP, $1699. We throw in free shipping for those in the 48 continental states (we can quote those outside separately). In addition, we'll offer your choice of either:

1. Free RPI intake scoops ($199 value)
2. A $175 gift card to RPI

That gets us just a tad below our last pricing, value wise, but allows us to stick to Corsa's demand for MSRP pricing.

If you're still in, please let me know. If you have any other ideas, please also share them with me. I want to make this a good value to you guys without getting us booted.

Gabe

·
Registered
759 Posts
any updates!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally Posted by NobleM400
Gentlemen:

Update to the Corsa group purchase here. Apparently, we figured out why that other group purchase didn't quite happen. Corsa wants these sold at MSRP, or they'll drop you as a dealer.

So, here's one option on what we may be able to do.

We sell these at MSRP, $1699. We throw in free shipping for those in the 48 continental states (we can quote those outside separately). In addition, we'll offer your choice of either:

1. Free RPI intake scoops ($199 value)
2. A $175 gift card to RPI

Your website lists the RPI scoops at $145. How is that a $199 value?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I did some searching, and from what I gathered, this is an axleback exhaust (Section 3). Installation would require cutting of the stock exhaust but would be installed with Corsa clamps. No HP gains are expected.
Am I correct on these assumptions?

·
2,432 Posts
Correct about scoop pricing. V3 Scoops are coming out next week so prices will go up.

Most, if not all of the exhausts available for the M5/M6 will require cutting and most are sold in sections (section 1, 2, etc.). We all know, and have seen that its tough to improve the performance of the stock exhaust. What most owners want is better sound, weight savings and NO loss of power.

·
2,432 Posts
Any update on when the exhaust will be available from Corsa yet? Just getting anxious is all :)
I've been hounding them for an exact ETA. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I get a solid answer from them. Hopefully they will be at our warehouse and ready to ship soon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I sent you a PM regarding the order. Also is there any modifications done to the vehicle in the video other than the exhaust, such as X pipe, headers, etc..

·
2,432 Posts
I sent you a PM regarding the order. Also is there any modifications done to the vehicle in the video other than the exhaust, such as X pipe, headers, etc..
Im not sure about the supporting mods on that car. I've been waiting for them to give me a solid answer on an ETA and for detailed pictures of the system.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts