BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just had mine done at The Wheel Rim Group in Whippany, NJ 07981. https://www.wheelrimgroup.com/

They did an excellent job (will post pics shortly). Rich and the other guys in the shop were all really cool to deal with. Would highly recommend you check them out - especially for guys in the NY/NJ area who don't want to deal with shipping or a long drive to drop off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I spoke with Prince Wheel Services in North Carolina and they agreed to give us group pricing to refurbish factory original 18” e39 M5 wheels in the shadow chrome finish, if the following criteria are met.

Guidelines:
1) Forum members commit to and pay for refinishing of at least 4 sets of factory rims (i.e. 16 rims)
2) Prince Wheels receives the rims around the same time so they can refinish them as a batch – I am aiming to ship the rims out ASAP and have the rims back in my hands by end of February. Prince Wheels will catalog the rims they receive to ensure owners get the same rims they delivered.
3) Committed members allow Prince Wheels at least 2 weeks to complete the work, given the number of rims they will have to refinish as part of this group pricing
4) Committed members pay for the shipping to and from Prince Wheels. Refinished wheels will be shipped back to owners in INDIVIDUAL boxes – Prince Wheels will not put more than one rim in a box, to ensure the finish does not get damaged.
5) Any bends in the rims will be fixed at an additional cost to the owner, and Prince Wheels will discuss it with the owner before starting the repair work.
6) Prince Wheels is doing us a favor, so let’s please be as courteous and reasonable with them as possible (i.e. ship rims when you say you will, pay timely, don’t inundate them with calls)
7) I have no affiliation with Prince Wheels. I only read the reviews on this M5Board and want to have my rims refinished. All payments will go directly to Prince Wheels. No good deed goes unpunished, so let’s see how this ends up

Pricing:
1) Group pricing to refinish factory 18” e39 M5 wheels in shadow chrome finish is: $145 per wheel. If we get way more than 16 wheels committed, I will call Prince Wheels to see if they can lower the price even more. They were open to that.
2) Straightening bent wheels is at least $55 per wheel

Next Steps:
1) Please post here if you are committed, how many rims, and if you can ship out the rims in the next 2 weeks.
2) Once we get enough commitment, I can gather your names via PM and send the info to Prince Wheels.
3) Please keep this thread clean and research the reviews others have posted regarding Prince Wheels and their Shadow Chrome refinishing services.

Thanks
Hello all, Prince Wheels here. We are considering another group pricing sale before the end of the year. Please contact the shop if interested so we can discuss. Thank you for your loyalty and trust. Sincerely, The Team at Prince Wheel Services. 704-289-3600

·
Registered
13 Posts
Resurrecting this thread – I'm local to Prince, and I'm planning to bring my Style 65s in for a refinish this week. Happy to coordinate if there's anyone else interested in the group deal. PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two sets that I need refinishing but I am not local and need to ship them, might need more time than a week to get a decent sized group together, but I am in if there is another round of group buys.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just posted this in a z3 m coupe thread...the 01 and 02 have chrome shadow roadstars. Mine need refinish. Also interested, but will be tough to pull together in a week with some travel/vacation coming up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have two sets that I need refinishing but I am not local and need to ship them, might need more time than a week to get a decent sized group together, but I am in if there is another round of group buys.
DM me – I'm heading to Prince next week and would be happy to take your wheels down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ll have two sets I’d like refinished, but am probably a few weeks out from being ready to do it.
I'm fixing to have my Chrome Shadow z3 m coupe wheels refinished. Anyone else looking to pull a small group together? WHeels are ready to box up and ship.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts