BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fedex is so strange....I shipped all 4 wheels in separate boxes at the same time and location. Prince received 2 last Thursday, one on Friday, and the last one is scheduled for today.

It cost me ~$18 per wheel to ship, having friends with ebay business makes shipping much more bearable!

Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
All of my wheels arrived last Friday. They checked them out yesterday and one wheel had mutiple bends in it. Having that fixed. Hoping to have them back within a week.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
All 4 of my wheels arrived at Prince yesterday. They’re going to ship them back in 4 separate boxes - if anyone can hook me up with a shipping discount, please PM me!!

Also, please post links to new M emblems and center caps for the wheels.

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
96 Posts
They take care of shipping the wheels back to you.

This is where I have bought my ///M emblems over the past few years. I think they are replicas, but they are the best out there if they are. Currently $9.25 shipped from Latvia. Might be an extra charge if your card doesn't cover a foreign transaction fee, but still better than buying from BMW. It will take a couple weeks to arrive by snail mail.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162025578209

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just paid for my wheels and they are being shipped out tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to see what they will look like! I have a new set of Continental ExtremeContact DWs waiting.

I spoke with Mendie for a little bit and she said they don't have any plan on doing another group discount soon since it is getting close to their busiest time of year and they were a little overwhelmed with seven people that took part of the group discount.

I also spoke to her about one of the front wheels on my Avus M5 having a bend on the outer lip and she said they don't do repairs like that as there is too much risk in further damaging the wheel. I need to decide if I'm going to replace that wheel or go to a local wheel repair shop I use to install my tires to see if they can fix it.

Mendie requests that everyone send her pictures and let her know that your wheels arrived safely. I'm going to post pictures of mine here when they arrive in the next few days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My wheels were delivered yesterday. They look really good since they have no road rash. First impression of the color is that they are not quite as close to the OE finish, but I will make a final decision when they are on the car. I will most pictures in a few days.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for the update. Do you feel the finish is darker or lighter than the OE shadow chrome color?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wheels arrived today and pictures below were taken under a slightly overcast sky at 6pm EST today. Pictures are of one wheel.

More impressions and feedback later. Dinner time!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Thanks for the update. Do you feel the finish is darker or lighter than the OE shadow chrome color?
Even OE batches had slightly varying shades. That is why Prince recommends doing all of your wheels at once, so each wheel is an identical match to the others.

I had a bunch done years ago and if they were not exactly matched to OE, I sure couldn't tell!

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I purchased the M emblems from the link above. Thanks

What’s the best price for good center caps (fit well and nice bmw logo)? Part # 36136783536.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the tires installed on mine today. I would say the refinish quality is about 95%, but it looks a lot better than they did before so I am satisfied. I am not sure if I would have another set done by Prince Wheels though.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had the tires installed on mine today. I would say the refinish quality is about 95%, but it looks a lot better than they did before so I am satisfied. I am not sure if I would have another set done by Prince Wheels though.
That's concerning to hear. What about it didn't you like?

Chris

·
Registered
63 Posts
Forgive my ignorance: is shadow chrome the stock “color” from the factory?

I just bought an ‘01 that needs 2 wheels done — sounds as if I should do all 4 to match.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Any chance of another round of this deal? I'd like to get my wheels redone while they are off for the winter.

There was a place in PA that was previously highly recommended that I could avoid shipping - but I can't remember the name.

Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any chance of another round of this deal? I'd like to get my wheels redone while they are off for the winter.

There was a place in PA that was previously highly recommended that I could avoid shipping - but I can't remember the name.

Thanks.

Prince will do them for 165 a wheel if you mention you're a M5Board member. Normal price is 185 a wheel.

I just had mine redone about a month ago

41 - 60 of 68 Posts