BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I could send two sets of wheels off if need be. This would be a last resort though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
TC2 - that's quite the collection of cars you have there in your signature!

With the crazy weather we're having here in the Northeast, I will most likely ship out my wheels weekend of Mar 10 or shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ChrisK: sorry to hear about the busted rim, but glad you’re in on this! I’m planning to ship the rims by early next week.

If TC2 is still in, we have 3 sets.

TC2 - when can you ship?

I’ve been in touch with Prince via email and will update them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I convinced Prince to honor the $145 per rim for the 3 sets of wheels we are sending them: TC2, Chris - call prince and tell them you’re part of the deal and they’ll work with you on next steps.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I convinced Prince to honor the $145 per rim for the 3 sets of wheels we are sending them: TC2, Chris - call prince and tell them you’re part of the deal and they’ll work with you on next steps.
Awesome! I just called and no answer, will try back in an hour or so.

Chris

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a set of 4 rears that I need to have refinished. I will be able to have the tires removed and the wheels shipped out by mid next week. Is this too late? I would really love to get in on this and it seems you guys are still in need of some more sets.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a set of 4 rears that I need to have refinished. I will be able to have the tires removed and the wheels shipped out by mid next week. Is this too late? I would really love to get in on this and it seems you guys are still in need of some more sets.
Email Mindy from Prince Wheels at [email protected], tell her you are part of the Simpson group, and you should be good!

Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am planning on shipping my wheels this coming week. Do I need to contact them before hand?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Prince reached out and said Thank You for the overwhelming response. They have to close this deal as of today, March 12, to focus on the sets of rims they’ve already received, or will, receive.

I’m sure they’ll work with the Board members again once things calm down again.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
They contacted me yesterday and said to send them a picture of the wheels before I ship. I'm going to ship today.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Didn't see this post until yesterday, but I'M IN! BTW, it's "Mendie", not Mindy. I'm shipping my wheels off this weekend and am also interested in a reasonably priced shipping method.

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used ShipNex to ship my wheels. I paid $84 for two boxes including $1,200 insurance. I quoted the boxes at 54 lbs each going by the BMW parts diagram weight for the wheels. My scale measured ~47 lbs, but the price was the same either way so I overestimated. Free pickup from my house.

Once I paid it generated FedEx labels. I thought ShipNex was their own carrier, but I guess not. I hope it wouldn't have been cheaper to go straight through FedEx. Either way I think $84 was a great price because I think I paid more through UPS for my M Coupe wheels last year.

Reactions: ArgM8y

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well that was odd. My doorbell just rang and the FedEx guy was already here to pick the wheels up within 15 minutes of me paying for shipping!

I tried to schedule same day pickup, but ShipNex said that couldn't be done for ground shipments. I scheduled for tomorrow morning, but FedEx picked up today. Hats off to them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I shipped them down in 4 boxes for ~$68 but I used the corporate account at work. They arrived yesterday! I guess two of mine were bent but what can you do.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts