BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Prince Wheel Services in North Carolina and they agreed to give us group pricing to refurbish factory original 18” e39 M5 wheels in the shadow chrome finish, if the following criteria are met.

Guidelines:
1) Forum members commit to and pay for refinishing of at least 4 sets of factory rims (i.e. 16 rims)
2) Prince Wheels receives the rims around the same time so they can refinish them as a batch – I am aiming to ship the rims out ASAP and have the rims back in my hands by end of February. Prince Wheels will catalog the rims they receive to ensure owners get the same rims they delivered.
3) Committed members allow Prince Wheels at least 2 weeks to complete the work, given the number of rims they will have to refinish as part of this group pricing
4) Committed members pay for the shipping to and from Prince Wheels. Refinished wheels will be shipped back to owners in INDIVIDUAL boxes – Prince Wheels will not put more than one rim in a box, to ensure the finish does not get damaged.
5) Any bends in the rims will be fixed at an additional cost to the owner, and Prince Wheels will discuss it with the owner before starting the repair work.
6) Prince Wheels is doing us a favor, so let’s please be as courteous and reasonable with them as possible (i.e. ship rims when you say you will, pay timely, don’t inundate them with calls)
7) I have no affiliation with Prince Wheels. I only read the reviews on this M5Board and want to have my rims refinished. All payments will go directly to Prince Wheels. No good deed goes unpunished, so let’s see how this ends up

Pricing:
1) Group pricing to refinish factory 18” e39 M5 wheels in shadow chrome finish is: $145 per wheel. If we get way more than 16 wheels committed, I will call Prince Wheels to see if they can lower the price even more. They were open to that.
2) Straightening bent wheels is at least $55 per wheel

Next Steps:
1) Please post here if you are committed, how many rims, and if you can ship out the rims in the next 2 weeks.
2) Once we get enough commitment, I can gather your names via PM and send the info to Prince Wheels.
3) Please keep this thread clean and research the reviews others have posted regarding Prince Wheels and their Shadow Chrome refinishing services.

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
I spoke with Prince Wheel Services in North Carolina and they agreed to give us group pricing to refurbish factory original 18” e39 M5 wheels in the shadow chrome finish, if the following criteria are met.

Guidelines:
1) Forum members commit to and pay for refinishing of at least 4 sets of factory rims (i.e. 16 rims)
2) Prince Wheels receives the rims around the same time so they can refinish them as a batch – I am aiming to ship the rims out ASAP and have the rims back in my hands by end of February. Prince Wheels will catalog the rims they receive to ensure owners get the same rims they delivered.
3) Committed members allow Prince Wheels at least 2 weeks to complete the work, given the number of rims they will have to refinish as part of this group pricing
4) Committed members pay for the shipping to and from Prince Wheels. Refinished wheels will be shipped back to owners in INDIVIDUAL boxes – Prince Wheels will not put more than one rim in a box, to ensure the finish does not get damaged.
5) Any bends in the rims will be fixed at an additional cost to the owner, and Prince Wheels will discuss it with the owner before starting the repair work.
6) Prince Wheels is doing us a favor, so let’s please be as courteous and reasonable with them as possible (i.e. ship rims when you say you will, pay timely, don’t inundate them with calls)
7) I have no affiliation with Prince Wheels. I only read the reviews on this M5Board and want to have my rims refinished. All payments will go directly to Prince Wheels. No good deed goes unpunished, so let’s see how this ends up

Pricing:
1) Group pricing to refinish factory 18” e39 M5 wheels in shadow chrome finish is: $145 per wheel. If we get way more than 16 wheels committed, I will call Prince Wheels to see if they can lower the price even more. They were open to that.
2) Straightening bent wheels is at least $55 per wheel

Next Steps:
1) Please post here if you are committed, how many rims, and if you can ship out the rims in the next 2 weeks.
2) Once we get enough commitment, I can gather your names via PM and send the info to Prince Wheels.
3) Please keep this thread clean and research the reviews others have posted regarding Prince Wheels and their Shadow Chrome refinishing services.

Thanks
Good deal. They just shipped me back two wheels yesterday at an already discounted price of $165. Their regular price is $185 for chrome shadow, and most other places that can do it properly (very few) are around $220/wheel.

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
I have used these folks before. Top notch!

If the shipping window is big enough, I might do this again.

This would be a perfect time for people to pick up a 5th wheel. Do all 5 in a single batch. Eventually they will get nicked, but you will have a spare.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
575 Posts
Does anyone know what the approx. shipping cost would be from Texas?
I was actually researching this again last night. Cheapest option is probably USPS and assume a box that's 20" x 20" x 12" and weighs 30 lbs.

From Los Angeles to their zip code (28110), it's $77 per box so that's over $600 just for round trip shipping for me.

OP - I'm interested but I'm going to look a little more for a local option.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I was actually researching this again last night. Cheapest option is probably USPS and assume a box that's 20" x 20" x 12" and weighs 30 lbs.

From Los Angeles to their zip code (28110), it's $77 per box so that's over $600 just for round trip shipping for me.

ping M5_Jed

·
Registered
137 Posts
I literally just got off the phone with them before I saw this post.

Might be in for 4, just need to figure shipping costs out and see if it's worth it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would be in for the group price for one set of wheels soon.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts

At a minimum, ship two wheels per box using something like a 20x20x24 box. I've sold multiple sets of wheels over the past few years, and shipping two per box saves a ton of $. Also, I've found shipping Fedex Ground to be cheaper than UPS retail rates.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I shipped my M Coupe wheels to Prince last summer I purchased two large boxes from Home Depot and shipped two wheels per box to them. The shipping cost was fairly reasonable. Under $100 total if I remember correctly. They shipped them back individually.

Reactions: jNasty

·
Registered
575 Posts
At a minimum, ship two wheels per box using something like a 20x20x24 box. I've sold multiple sets of wheels over the past few years, and shipping two per box saves a ton of $. Also, I've found shipping Fedex Ground to be cheaper than UPS retail rates.
I didn't check FedEx but UPS was something crazy like $280/box. USPS is the one I mentioned in my post.

Fortunately, I won't need to ship them since I'm going to refinish them locally. Should have a shiny new update to my thread in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would be interested in getting in on this. I live fairly locally (Greenville, SC) and would likely just drive there for drop-off / pick-off.
If I did that would they be able to take the tires off there (for what costs?) or would I need to have them off already?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Any updates on this? I am planning on sending my wheels off within the next week or so.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ll take a roll call this Wednesday to see if we have the 4 sets (16 rims) minimum to get the special pricing.

Only rims should be shipped to Prince. No tires.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI. I heard about Shipnex.com and their website quoted me about $35 for an 19x19x25” box that I estimated as weighing 50 lbs, going from Boston MA to Prince. No affiliations and I’ve never used them, but I’ll give them a shot if we get enough people in to activate this deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anyone else interested in sending their wheels off to be refinished soon?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi TC2 - it looks like it's just you and me for now. I'm going to try to have my wheels ready for shipping by the end of this coming weekend.

We need 2 more sets to get the discounted price!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts