BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Just wanted to gauge interest in a possible group buy for the MaxJax portable two-post lift units. They list for just under $2000 shipped, including a roller-seat and a rolling oil drain cannister.
Website and product description here (Vendor)
MaxJax portable two post lift from Automotive Service Equipment.
And official MaxJax website:
MaxJax Portable Two Post Lifting System by Dannmar
Video candy:
YouTube - MaxJax Installation Demo for the BMW X5
YouTube - MaxJax Garage Lift TV Commercial
Once I have an idea of how many are interested, I will make several phone calls and see who will give us the best price. Realistically, think around $1500 shipped.
Add your name to the list below, so I can have an easy count. Thanks!
1. Jetpilot718

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Costco sells for $1,899 shipped. Interested in GB if price is lower...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, if I ever get back from these back-to-back trips I've been on, I'll call a few distributers and see what they can do for us. I'm thinking I'll need like, minimum 5 buyers to be able to shave off some money for the GB.

This product looks really neat!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
OK, if I ever get back from these back-to-back trips I've been on, I'll call a few distributers and see what they can do for us. I'm thinking I'll need like, minimum 5 buyers to be able to shave off some money for the GB.

This product looks really neat!
I've planned on getting this by the end of this year but more than willing to move it up to help out with the GB and also benefit from the lower price point.

Thanks for taking point and hopefully this becomes a reality.cherrsagai

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've planned on getting this by the end of this year but more than willing to move it up to help out with the GB and also benefit from the lower price point.

Thanks for taking point and hopefully this becomes a reality.cherrsagai

Thanks I appreciate that, and I'll for sure do what I can to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Whoa this looks almost too good to be true. I guess the big question is -- how safe are these?

The last thing I need is an M5 on top of me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've seen several endorsements from BMW owners and have researched this specific lift over the years and believe it all boils down to the installation. You have to make certain your concrete is up to the task- minimum 4" Thick at 3000 psi.

As for the GB, I don't think the timing will work out. I have a few things that are higher on my priority list, but if I can pull it off I will.

dj

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Possibly in, depending on final price and the timing of the buy.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Looks like a toy. If you are serious about a lift, look here Forward Lift - Automotive and Truck Lifts for light duty, medium duty and heavy duty lifting or http://rotarylift.com/
I rep both lines and can ship anywhere in the US

Many thanks! I'd love to see any alternative that meets the same specifications. I've already ruled out commercial lifts and scissor lifts. I foolishly thought MaxJax was the only lift that fit my requirements perfectly.

I must be a dolt, I couldn't find the one for less than $1500 that has multi-placement anchors, portability, removability, clear undercar access, and is functional with a 9' ceiling. Could you provide a direct link?

Thanks,

dj

·
Registered
274 Posts
Many thanks! I'd love to see any alternative that meets the same specifications. I've already ruled out commercial lifts and scissor lifts. I foolishly thought MaxJax was the only lift that fit my requirements perfectly.

I must be a dolt, I couldn't find the one for less than $1500 that has multi-placement anchors, portability, removability, clear undercar access, and is functional with a 9' ceiling. Could you provide a direct link?

Thanks,

dj
This does basically the same thing with a lot less hassle Forward Lift - Mid Rise Automotive and Truck Lifts $1,750.00 Delivered

·
Registered
797 Posts
Unless you're trying to actually work under the car. And for only $250 more than this group buy which you were kind enough to threadjack.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yeah, looks like it would be real easy to drop the trans with that lift

·
Registered
274 Posts
Man you guys are tough! I'm sure everyone considering a "short rise" lift will be pulling drive trains.

Sorry for offering an alternative and "threadjacking"ouich

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've pulled drivetrains without a lift, and my garage has a 10 ft ceiling so that's where I stand.

I would put up with a scissor lift, if I could get one new for $1k.(New, won't risk used of any type.) And I won't blow a grand on a grandiose ramp either. If I wanted that I'd just go with the 2x12 version for a lot less money. On the other end of the spectrum, if I could remodel and have a 14' or a 18' ceiling I wouldn't be worrying about this lift. Now if you had started a thread right above this one explaining how one of your products would suit me better, in detail, point by point, I'd be all over it. But like I said, I've done my research.

The MaxJax just fits the bill at a price that I think equals the value offered.

If I ever convince the wife I need a shop more than her horses need a barn AND win the lottery, I'll call you.

And yes, touting one product on another's group buy thread is threadjacking. Even if i didn't like your scissor lift, I'd keep my mouth shut on your group buy thread.

May you have good fortune in the future,

dj

Reactions: TQ2K

·
Registered
13 Posts
How many in this GB now? My friend may be interested but would you know cost to deliver to Calgary, Alberta, Canada?
I own a Max Jax lift and use it for my 2000 M5 as well as my Silverado pick up. It's a great lift, very sturdy and safe. I love the portablility of it. Highly recommend it. Good luck!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Damn I was just looking at these today; interested on what final price would be for group discount. Also have a coworker who may be interested.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Let me know how this goes and timeline, I was looking at these, What is clearance undernieth them when fully up? Depending on what the timeframe is i would be in. i have soem funds coming in hopefully shortly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts