BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Deal at the end of the post

There are some recent threads showing interest in re-dying worn leather seats and other leather areas. I have contacted George at leatherique.com and here is his reply:

Hi John;
Yes, we do have several swatches for the caramel color, but they do tend to vary very slightly as I’m sure you’re aware. A small swatch from your car, especially if you’re just freshening bolsters is a good idea to match color and luster.

We’d be very delighted work with a group on this color as it is specific to a short run for these M5’s and is a custom, signature color. If there are several requests, we can do them all at standard color prices for individual dye or even the kits. Our kit 2 that will have pints of everything in a standard color is $85 compared to $115 for the custom. Or our small 8 oz standard color is $30 compared to $55 in custom.

I would suggest starting with some Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean to first nourish the hides, restore the luxurious suppleness so the hides will last the life of the car, prepping agent to prepare the surface, and new dye.

We look forward to working with you. BMW M class is just a beauty of engineering, driving, and style and it’s an honor to work with you to maintain your cars at their best.
My regards,
George

Here is the deal. Go on-line and figure out what you want, just dye or one of the kits.

E-mail George directly at [email protected] and he will invoice you the standard color price.

George will collect all the orders till next Friday (August 28th) mix up the custom color in one batch and send out our orders the following Monday.

Now is the time touch up that worn bolster or door handle. Check out the information on his site, the application is very straight forward.

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have a Caramel Interior?

From the 2003 M5 brochure, (I think 2002s are the same) the interior choices were as follows:

Sport interiors: (these are all two color, black seats with color inserts and black door panels with color inserts. It is the "ostrich skin" leather)
Silverstone (black with grey inserts)
Lemans Blue (black with bright blue inserts)
Imola Red (black with deep read inserts)
Black (black with black inserts)

Luxury interior: (Single color with smooth leather with the inserts having parallel stitching running fore and aft)
Black
Caramel

The caramel color is an M5 only color.

If your interior is sort of tan but much deeper color, it is caramel. It is actually very close to Kraft caramel candies.

I've attached a picture of my car however the photo is a little washed out from the bright sun. The actual color is deeper.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More info

I forgot to address your other questions.

Quantities are listed on the leatherique.com website.

I'm sure there is a shipping charge.

E-mail George directly (address listed above) for shipping charge if that is a concern. He ships UPS so I'm sure it is close to the standard ground service.

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Caramel dye group buy, 3 days left

Get your orders in before Friday to get the custom Caramel color dye at the standard color price.

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last chance for group buy

Orders must be e-mailed to leatherique by Friday A.M. (8/27) to get the discounted price.

John

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have used the Pristine Clean and Rejuvinator for about a year now. Nice products. I clean my Carmel color door pull routinely with the Pristine clean so hopefully I won't need to dye it anytime soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts