BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Grounded m6

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  BADRIDES 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
had car flashed and its showing vanos oil sending ouich its in the dealers hands wish me luck

See less See more
#9 ·
Bump...and sorry it's grounded bud. Hope it's back soon and without a significant wallet dent.

#10 ·
Rick
Sorry for the confusion bud what I meant was prior to bringing my car the dealer I had my car flashed which guess meant really scanned at psi and it picked up a vanos problem I then sent it to the dealer and then is were I got the worse news it turned out to be my vanos lower rod bearing which means they are putting in a brand new engine and and new clutch due oil getting in the clutch it been brutal week

#16 ·
Rick
Sorry for the confusion bud what I meant was prior to bringing my car the dealer I had my car flashed which guess meant really scanned at psi and it picked up a vanos problem I then sent it to the dealer and then is were I got the worse news it turned out to be my vanos lower rod bearing which means they are putting in a brand new engine and and new clutch due oil getting in the clutch it been brutal week
Hey Mike... sorry to hear the bad news. Great that you had a warranty though! Your new motor is built with the new P/N bearings? Either way, your good to go for a loooong time if you take care of her (I know you will). We have to get together with BossM6 (Kaveh) sometime and have a group photo and/or track day! When you have some time, post your story in the Rod Bearing thread on the E60 M5 forum. Best wishes. Rick.

Reactions: BADRIDES
#20 ·
What a great looking M6! I hope you get her back soon. What caused the rod bearing to go out? Why do they need to replace the entire engine? and not only the broken components or short block?
Any how, if you are getting it for free (New engine & clutch) other than the wait you should be good. Get well soon!

#23 ·
Brand new motor is on its way and clutch n flywheel will be replaced then Psi will be lower the car n I'm done for a lil while but who knows :) Car Personal luxury car Vehicle Luxury vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: wingnut1961
#26 ·
Thank you for one and I just hit 49k but I feel my tune might of not helped the issue just saying :crying: but I can't wait to get he back I've been driving my 5 M sport and cobra here n there both are pretty quick but no m6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.