BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago as I pulled the car cover off on a nice day, I noticed my tire was flat. Pretty normal, however, the tire shop has never heard of the tire brand on the car. They are Barum Bravuras. I suspect its a German Brand because when I did a search it came up with mutliple german sites. My question is where can I find these tires? Should I replace them with different tire brands?

Second question: Where can I find the bottom cover on the front of the car? I cant really explain it so I attached some pictures.

Thanks for your help. :M5launch:

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
I wouldn't fill them with petrol and put them around a Gatso!
A pal of mine had them on his BMW 3 series on the rear. He had Road Hog brand tyres on the front....no I haven't heard of them either. Tell you what though, you could get the car sideways at 10mph.

best

M5 Powered

·
Registered
337 Posts
unespekta - I can't work out what you are trying to ask about the front bumper/spoiler. When I click on the thumbnails the picture I get isn't much bigger. Is it the tow hook cover you are after?

·
Registered
337 Posts
kevinpayneuk said:
unespekta - I can't work out what you are trying to ask about the front bumper/spoiler. When I click on the thumbnails the picture I get isn't much bigger. Is it the tow hook cover you are after?
Sorry I meant to include this to help identify what you are referring to.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kevinpayneuk: I guess its the cover below the front lisence plate right above the bottom grey groundeffect right of the fog lights. (sounds technical) :3:

I guess I am going to purchase 4 new GOOD tires. Any recomendation for tires?

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you mean the piece with 4 vertical posts and the slim horizontal slats them I'm sory to say that it is part of the moulding for the front bumper which is only available in one piece. I know the parts diagram shows it as two pieces but last time I enquired it is a one piece item. The price for a new bumper will be around $1250 (unpainted), it might be more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
AndyE said:
Barum have made budget tyres for years.

I'm afraid you'd never see them on my car!

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyretest/barum.asp

I believe they're a Czech company, and have recently been bought by Continental.
Indeed, Barum is a Czech brand of tyres, and definitely not one to put on an M5 ;) .
GoodYear F1, Pirelli P Zero Nero for dry surfaces, Dunlop SP9000 for wet surfaces that's what tests say at least...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts