BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked (and probably answered) on the forum, but does anyone know offhand the paint color/code for the silver trim around the underside of a 1993 black M5?

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I am right

>'92 VIN = Sterlingsilber,met. - colour code 244 M
'92 VIN >= Granitsilber, met. - colour code 237 M

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! I have been reading lots of posts from other forums and there were some changes made depending on month and year of production. Mine is January, 1993.

I think you're on the right track, though.

I just need the front done so I want to be careful about the color match match.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If I am right

>'92 VIN = Sterlingsilber,met. - colour code 244 M
'92 VIN >= Granitsilber, met. - colour code 237 M
-
I am sorry BUT this is not likely to be correct.
'Sterlingsilber, met.' was ONLY used for the 'Winkelhock' special edition cars (except for being an 'Individual' option choice).
The colour being used before 'Granitsilber-met.' on the 3.8 M5 was 'Sebringgrau-met. on the 3.6 M5 and probably on the
93 US-models but this should be double-checked *)

*) courtesy of bmwmregistry.com:
For the final 1993 model year (starting 9/92 production), the North American M5 was given some cosmetic updates,
many of which were first introduced on the Euro-spec 3.8-liter model:
-Granite Silver metallic (237) lower aero panels in place of Sebring Grey metallic (229)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty sure my black production 04/90 are painted 181 diamond black metallic.

Again as per bmw registry.com's faq.

In addition, the contrasting color of the lower aerodynamic body panels differed between the 3.6-liter and 3.8-liter M5 models. On the 3.6-liter examples ,these were painted either Diamond Black metallic (181) or Sebring Grey metallic (229). This changed with the 3.8-liter version to a choice of either Diamond Black metallic (181) or Granite Silver metallic (237). (Note: the change from Sebring Grey to Granite Silver also applies to the 1993 North American-spec E34 M5, which retained the 3.6-liter motor.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Pretty sure my black production 04/90 are painted 181 diamond black metallic.
-
.... right you are,:applause: the question however was......:byebye::M5launch:
QUOTE:
does anyone know offhand the paint color/code for the silver trim around the underside of a 1993 black M5?
UNQUOTE:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts