BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from this thread... http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118604

after i installed everything and sat the car down i noticed that i couldn't adjust the rear at all. it was already at it's max height and i was sitting at about 12.5 in the rear. needless to say that was no good so i contacted Jay at GC and talked to him.

he shot me out a new set of rear springs, next day delivery(on his dime no less) which i installed. the car is at 13.5 in the rear now and i'm pleased.

comparison of springs... one is 8 in. and the other is 10 in.

the car is stock, no stereo crap or anything in the trunk so i'm a little puzzled why the first springs were so low. i'm not going to waste too much time thinking about it though. :)

much thanks to Jay at GC - he's a helluva guy and very responsive and helpful. not too many business owners would go above and beyond the way he did with me. i recommend GC to anyone looking for coilovers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I hope you end up loving the ride as much as I do mine (I went with the 430/380)
Cheers

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
the box these came in said they're 350#.
Yes, There are some threads discussing how to decode the Eibach numbers.

Eibach #209794 = GC200.64.58 is in metric I think. Free length near 8" per your measurement.....prefix number 200mm/25.4mm per in = 8" long or similar.

Eibach #230713 = 1000.250.0350 is in english I think & the last# is obviously pounds per inch. Free length near 10" per your measurement ala' 1000x0.01.

Thanks for pics and numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts