BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the ground clearance on their cars? Curbs parking lot bumpers etc..

I expecting delivery on my M5 in 2 weeks and I have a steep driveway that is giving me some concerns with scraping the front air dam.....

Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bob: my 911 scrapes my driveway, M5 does just fine.

Steve

------------------
'00 M5
'99 R1100S
'66 GT350H/Paxton
'85 911

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Bob,

I have rather large speed bumps at work and my Toyota Supra would touch the top of the bumps, but my M5 doesn't touch even with 5 people in the car. You hopefully will have no problem. If you do I stonglt suggest a new driveway!

Best wishes,

Mark

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We've managed to tear up the bottom of the front bumper cap on our 540i pretty good; it's in shreds and will have to be replaced soon.

The M5 isn't here yet but I'm planning to be careful.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bob,

I was worried about that too, 'cause my driveway pitches down sharply toward the road and I recently installed a Belgian block apron to make matters worse. I haven't had any problem with the M5, even though my old Nissan Maxima SE used to leave a bit of its underbelly on the gravel from time to time. Not that I always remember, but it helps if you pull straight out/in rather than try to turn too sharply as you exit/enter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts