BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greg's shifting videos no longer available?

Just picked up a 2000 M5 and someone pointed me to http://www.bmwm5.com/greg/school/ to improve my shifting technique (I definitely need the help) but unfortunately the videos don't appear to be available anymore.

Any ideas on where I can find them?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Re: Greg's shifting videos no longer available?

The videos have been hosted, posted, toasted, and roasted for many years now. They are erratically available and then they disappear. That sucks. But hosting space has gotten a lot cheaper lately. GoDaddy.com offers 500Mb storage and 25 gigabytes monthly traffic for under $4/month. Incredible. So I have an account there, and I am hosting the video myself.

You can find it here.

I am embarrassed at the poor quality. I would love to do the whole thing over, and better. Just one'a those things I've been threatening to do forever, and probably never will. Still, I get at least an email a week from someone thanking me, or asking more questions about how to shift their Saturn, or ....

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Greg,

Those videos are always a treat to watch. :thumbsup: Thanks for bringing them up again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Greg,

Thanks for bringing the video back for some of us newbies! Really enjoyed watching it -- and I'm sure I'll be a bit better driver tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Greg. This is very helpful. I just bought 2000 M5. Definitely could use all the tips that you have provided.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very helfpul! Thank you,

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
wow, moving the seat closer dramatically improved my shifting quality... i also used to always start in 2nd because i could never get into 1st good enough , but after watching these videos i improved right away...

thanks!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts