BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will know me from the world of M3's...

Having sold my CSL I am now waiting to take delivery of my E60 beast this weekend.

Just thought I'd say hello...

I am a tad concerned about colours.. Originally my car was going to be red, then they said red wouldn't be available for the first cars, so I switched to blue.. then I was offered the dealer demo which is black, which I accepted.. having seen pictures of black I'm worried I won't like it...

We need to some good pictures of black :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
markf said:
matt,black is the best colour by far and away imho,i really wouldn't be worried about it.
Thanks Mark! Hope so. Will take a trip today and have a look pre-prep.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mine is coming in black and I have the utmost faith that it will look fantastic...I have seen 5 series sport and a B5 in black and it definitely suits the car:haha:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Ashok.

Well... I've been to see it, albeit in its delivery state.. and black IS wonderful no doubt about it!

I've borrowed the manual from the car for a nose and a read up for a few days which was nice of them ....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daviddavidw said:
Congratulations, Matt! I'm going to order a black on as well. What color interior and trim did you get? How does it look?

-David
Black interior as well with the standard ally trim. Personally i'd have prefer piano black trim, and I may order this as an aftermarket retro fit.

I had read elsewhere that someone said the leather was awful and substandard, but to me it was soft and nice, not smooth like the M3, but textured, but still I could not fault it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My current e36 M3 has black/black, and I think I'll stick with that for my next car. Sounds like we have similar tastes!

I heard the aluminum trim looks a little cheap, but I'm still leaning that way. If I could have my wish, I'd probably rather have piano black as well, but it sounds like it could be more hassle (if even possible with US BMW Individual) than it's worth. How do you like the Al trim with your color combination? I don't think it looks bad at all in the pictures, but several other posts have had negative comments about it. The wood trim looks too much like my dad's 7 series, and just isn't sporty enough for me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am glad we have a black/black club! Also have gone with the standard alu trim...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Personally, I am not a huge fan of black cars... from an ownership perspective. I agree that there is little that looks better than a super clean black car, but they are tough to keep that way, and they show every nick, chip, ding, and spec of dirt. Plus they get soooooo hot. I am leaning towards blue myself.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
From the few pics we have seen in Black, the E60 M5 looks great and as others have said, you can't go wrong.

vndkshn said:
I am leaning towards blue myself.
Guess I didn't have to tell you my thoughts on blue. :haha:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts