BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned before my nav screen started to go an intermittant green on an d off. I have recently found a swift whack to the sidfe of the unit sorts it fora few minutes then it goes green again. Any ideas how to fi the units?

Dan

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point, on the scrren up front nothing to do witht he nav drive, its like a loose connection but couldnt see anything?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm well after it startded i tried taking it apart and adjusting following this guide with no joy, and fully disconnected the ribon cable...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Before playing with the ribbon cable, check the blue plug behind the unit, thats where your RGB wires are. Look for 3 pairs of thicker sheilded wires and check their pins.
If the unit is messed up for good, let me know, I'm looking for a non working screen (just the part that flips down, not the rear tape unit).

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine started in the warm weather, but i look like i stand corrected even though th eribbon cable is in properly if you eject the cassette to bring it down and gently tug the ribbon cable in all directions the colour an come baack. any idea where i can get a replacement ribbon cable???

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Mine started in the warm weather, but i look like i stand corrected even though th eribbon cable is in properly if you eject the cassette to bring it down and gently tug the ribbon cable in all directions the colour an come baack. any idea where i can get a replacement ribbon cable???
I've never seen anywhere that sells replacement ribbon cables. You may be able to repair the cable, but it's probably not going to last very long. You make be able to find a broken monitor and use the parts, otherwise it's probably new monitor time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts