BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
An amazing one owner car.....I wonder how many other E28 M5's are still with their original owner?!

I have to say that the engine and chassis enhancements have certainly improved this car's performance, soundtrack and looks, over its original US spec.

However I also like the owner's plan to return the car to a more understated and original look, with euro chrome bumpers, standard M5 wheels, etc.

Thanks for posting - I've watched the clip several times already and will never get tired of hearing that sweetly tuned S38 soundtrack!:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Do any of our California friends know the car and its owner?

I love driving those northern California country roads, but of course have never done it in an M5!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I've met the owner before. He' s done an amazing job with his e28. I'm using his build as the benchmark of where I'd like my e28 build to go.

He'll post over at mye28.com from time to time.

I saw his e28 at Bimmerfest a couple months ago, but I never saw him.

His e28 is my favorite, without a doubt!

·
Registered
483 Posts
His name is Randy Hartman. He has the Dinan 3.9L M88 conversion. The one that cost 19K+ fitted. 365bhp. Posted a video of his car in my thread last year. :typing:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thanks Shaun, found it on M-Registry:
BMW M Registry - Car Detail

Now repainted in Carbon Black with two-tone leather interior, it was reputedly the first E28 M5 delivered to the San Diego BMW dealership back in '87.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do any of our California friends know the car and its owner?

I love driving those northern California country roads, but of course have never done it in an M5!
Thanks! the video was a labor of love. I was with the camera crew and director for over 10 hours on a Friday. About 3 DSLRs cameras suction cupped to my car! We covered all elevation levels of San Diego. The mountain locations were from two towns, Ramona and Julian (elevation 4,000 feet). The beach scenes were filed on Coronado Island across the bay from Downtown San Diego. Please see the rest of the amazing short films from Petrolicious.com. They are very inspirational and was happy to be part of their projects.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts