BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had some fantastic driving weather here in the mid-Atlantic/North East in the US. (Which ever category the MD/DC/NoVA area falls into...) Mid-fifty (Fahrenheit) degree weather during the first week of February! Beautiful.

I had to wake the Beast from hibernation, give her a bath, and take her out for a 'blow dry' . . . (Managed to bump 110 on I-270 north bound!)

Can't wait for spring and some meets and greets. Anyone else make it out and about today?

Greg
2003 ///M5 Jet Black/Black, Sport
Beastpower Sway Bar Brackets, Bluetooth, Aux Audio Input & all "+" options except PDC

1995 318is Boston Green/Tan (daily driver)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I too pulled the M5 out for a wash, check oil level, etc... I did take the 993 out for a ride. Did not wash it :( but I did zip around some, love the sound of the supercharger :1: .

I like the winter, but meet and greet with the cars is the best!!!! See you all soon :M5launch:

·
Registered
931 Posts
DIPLOMAT,

Welcome to the Board, good to hear from more of the 'local' M5 members.

There are a few M5'ers who get together about once a month (in the warmer months) to meet and greet and go for fun drives. Hope to see you.

Speaking of which.... What has happened to m-powered.com? I have checked the site, but the forum page is not working. David! where are you? what is happening? Does anyone know???

·
Registered
26 Posts
I made it out yesterday to finally wash the M5 and run a friend to airport, Dulles. I even recieved a compliment from a VA State cop on rt. 28 about how nice my car was and what a great day it was for a drive. He even advised me of the speed trap they had set-up as you entered Leesburg.

·
Registered
336 Posts
close to 50 even here on Long Island :D Haven't driven my car in close to two weeks (like to keep it clean and with all the snow-well, that ain't easy). Took it out this morning to my favorite "high speed road", Ocean Pkwy. Drove a few miles, checked for cops and other traffic made a u-turn and floored it. Hit 160 mph, and man did it feel good. Just put it back in the garage.

Have to go up to Boston on Wed. and hoping the weather stays like this. Looking forward to a nice road trip. Just occured to me that I may have to take it easy, as I believe there is an outstanding warrant for an unpaid speeding ticket in Mass. from several years ago. I seem to remember the cop who gave me the ticket saying "pay it if you want to, but if you don't and get pulled over in Mass. again, you're in trouble". Is that correct?

·
Registered
149 Posts
mr_bock said:
DIPLOMAT,

Welcome to the Board, good to hear from more of the 'local' M5 members.

There are a few M5'ers who get together about once a month (in the warmer months) to meet and greet and go for fun drives. Hope to see you.

Speaking of which.... What has happened to m-powered.com? I have checked the site, but the forum page is not working. David! where are you? what is happening? Does anyone know???
thanks for the invite, I am always willing and able :D,
J

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam Martin said:
I made it out yesterday to finally wash the M5 and run a friend to airport, Dulles. I even recieved a compliment from a VA State cop on rt. 28 about how nice my car was and what a great day it was for a drive. He even advised me of the speed trap they had set-up as you entered Leesburg.
Now that's a public servant!

Greg
2003 ///M5 Jet Black/Black, Sport
Beastpower Sway Bar Brackets, Bluetooth, Aux Audio Input & all "plus" options except PDC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts