BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a perfect day for a drive in the Iowa coutry side. Temperature in the eighties - low humidity and blue skies. Just about as good as it gets !!!

:byebye: :byebye: :byebye:

·
Registered
160 Posts
igorkb said:
This is a beatiful car!! I hope you do not have to worry about the traffic!
As a devotee of the M5 (duh!), I have to admit that your car is fantastic! Kind of like seeing Michael Schumacher at a local pub (sorry, I'm an F1 nut)...absolute perfection, rare beyond all get-out, and a head-turning event that I'm sorry to say I've only experienced once. Boil this all down and you get a great experience. Thanks for posting! All killer, no filler! :haha2:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I dont like you anymore, but in a good way! :haha: That is a wonderfully clean Z8, which IMO is one of the best looking BMW's ever. Nothing beats the sound of a V8, when the top is down, the wind is in your hair, and there is nothing but blue skies and open roads.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice car!!!!! I saw a Z8 today driving along the Fairfax County Parkway north bound, top down, red interior, 7:30 am. :crying: Must say the old rag-tops make me jealous some days!!!!! :crying: :grrrrr: Oh it was a silver car as well.
Take care drive safe!! :M5launch: cherrsagai

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
It's always a great day when I drive my Beast.

The only other drive that would also make it a great day would be in your "Beast".

:M5launch:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you -

Thank you so much for many complimentary comments about the car. The Z8 is absolutely awesome. The prefect continuation to my previous M5 ownerhip.

Skip

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Skip, it's great to see that you and Tracy had a wonderful top-down day in the Iowa countryside. We won't get too many more weeks of driving weather before the snow starts to fly again :sad3:

Great pics. Did you get a new digital camera?

:cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Al -

Actually the camera is a very old 1.3 megapixel Olympus. I think it is time to invest in a new one pretty soon. The recommendation I received from a professional is the Canon Powershot S80, 8.0 megapixles - about $550-$600. I might not want to spend that much though as many very good cameras can be purchased for $250-$350.

I really do not want to think about snow yet - we need more drive time, even though at $3.30 a gallon it is becomming expensive fun. But then again, it is worth it!

:M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts