BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had more problems with oil changes at the dealership. You would think a simple oil change is an easy thing to do but I've had my oil cap left off and now a stripped oil pan. The oil cap left off was fun, car filled up with smoke 1 mile away from dealership and engine looked like it was covered with greasy grimy gopher guts. Took them two days to hand clean it. Just recently took my beast in for her Inspection I. two days later noticed a nice puddle of oil on the garage floor. took it back they said it's the oil seal, it was pinched. got it back, one day later more oil. Not as much this time but still leaking. Told my SA they must have stripped the oil pan and to stop trying to fix a stripped plug with plumber's tape, not sure what they did to slow the leak. He just called and it was a stripped oil pan and they have to order the part. I'll have the car back in two days.

Nothing is ever simple!

·
Registered
754 Posts
THough i don't live in CA, I'm sure CA board members would be interested who the Dealer is that performed that boner.
I would have pushed them for a complete detailer if they covered my engine compartment in oil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's just say I live near Irvine, CA where one of the biggest BMW Dealerships in CA is located. and yes received two free details out of the oil cap being left off.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
JBlack said:
Let's just say I live near Irvine, CA where one of the biggest BMW Dealerships in CA is located. and yes received two free details out of the oil cap being left off.
Ok, let me guess. It's either Irvine BMW or Crevier BMW. I always had really good service at Crevier so I am going to guess it was Irvine.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts