BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thats awesome! Now when the pics come back of the car iam looking at its a done deal!! :1:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thats awesome!! I can't wait till she arrives!! PIcs i have of one are lighter.. but its in full sun

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those are the M Technic mirrors which were optional on the Euro models I believe. They might have been standard on the 93 US models. There were quite a few options that could be had upon order, some were rather suprising. Obvious ones were the mirrors, shadowline trim, 3 levels of leather trim, factory badge delete, even parking distance control was an option for the late? 95 models!

Here is a link to the M5 Faq, tons of info and must read stuff if you are gonna become the owner of one of these cars.
http://www.bmwe34m5.com/faqs/

Here is a link to a few picks of my Touring which has these. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/693170
The picks are a little dark, but they can be made out.

Greg

·
Registered
896 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
Those are the M Technic mirrors which were optional on the Euro models I believe. They might have been standard on the 93 US models.
They were an option for the 3,8 and the touring, from December 1992 I believe it was, never an option on the Euro 3,6 models though. On the 93 US M5 you find them, as standard equipment if I do not remember wrong (someone who knows for sure?).

Very nice M5 touring you got there Breakerbacker!

Regards,
HD91

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Greg,

I looked at your website and your car really looks amazing but I noticed you also do not have front & rear emblems, did you debadge your '95 or it came without it?

BreakerBacker said:
Those are the M Technic mirrors which were optional on the Euro models I believe. They might have been standard on the 93 US models. There were quite a few options that could be had upon order, some were rather suprising. Obvious ones were the mirrors, shadowline trim, 3 levels of leather trim, factory badge delete, even parking distance control was an option for the late? 95 models!

Here is a link to the M5 Faq, tons of info and must read stuff if you are gonna become the owner of one of these cars.
http://www.bmwe34m5.com/faqs/

Here is a link to a few picks of my Touring which has these. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/693170
The picks are a little dark, but they can be made out.

Greg

·
Registered
121 Posts
The car came debadged from the factory, it is option code 320a. I was lucky in finding this car as it has a very long list of extras. The one extra I haven't been able to find the code for, or much knowledge of in general for that matter, is the PDC or parking distance control. I know of a small handfull of late '95 M5 Tourings that have it, but interestingly I dont know of any sedans with it. It is rather cool as you back up, it lets you know how far from objects you are buy the frequency of the beeps. Rather common these days on all the big SUV's and nice cars. I included a pick of the tail section and you can see the little sensor on the bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
The car came debadged from the factory, it is option code 320a. I was lucky in finding this car as it has a very long list of extras. The one extra I haven't been able to find the code for, or much knowledge of in general for that matter, is the PDC or parking distance control. I know of a small handfull of late '95 M5 Tourings that have it, but interestingly I dont know of any sedans with it. It is rather cool as you back up, it lets you know how far from objects you are buy the frequency of the beeps. Rather common these days on all the big SUV's and nice cars. I included a pick of the tail section and you can see the little sensor on the bumper.
---------------------------

Hi there

i have a Granite-Silver too......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Hi Greg,
is the option-code for the PDC not on the built-sheet for your car ??
if not send me an e-mail and I will look it up - here i another US-M5touring
with the PDC-option -

http://bmwe34m5.com/registry/HTMLFiles/AnandShah.htm

brdgs
Karl

BreakerBacker said:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
roca03 said:
Here is mine.

Isnt that fjord grey??

Looks like mine :noSMG: :noSMG:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
-
Hi Greg,
your M5touring is a late production car in the 900+VIN-range -
only a few of these cars have the PDC/parking distance control-option and I believe YOUR car has another rare option also only to be found factory fitted to late production cars = the 3rd brake light - right ? :viking: :byebye:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts