BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2008 E60 M5 on GT5 yesterday, same color as mine in real life, I tuned it, pushing 710hp, its so funny to see a family sedan smoking everything, half the people leave the room online in sadness, lol

Playstation Gamertag- Khybermp5

Once I unlock Nurburgring Nordschleife I'll make an online room for those of that have the game!

Fun Times!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I spent 140,000 credits on buying the M5 alone and another 120,000 credits in tuning costs!

If your online, come into room 14726118370142522752

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Haven't unwrapped mine yet! I wanna get the full shebang ( seat, wheel & pedal set )

·
Registered
43 Posts
For Gran Turismo beginners such as myself, any suggestions of how to quickly accrue credits in order to buy my beast? I'm plugging along at licenses and A-spec races, but my strategy isn't paying of fast enough. TIA

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Agreed, there are soem ways to get soem faster cars fast ;) and then getting your say M5 fast. I dont want to put too much tiume driving a tuned Cooper S...

For Gran Turismo beginners such as myself, any suggestions of how to quickly accrue credits in order to buy my beast? I'm plugging along at licenses and A-spec races, but my strategy isn't paying of fast enough. TIA

·
Registered
112 Posts
So I bought a 2008 E60 M5 on GT5 yesterday, same color as mine in real life, I tuned it, pushing 710hp, its so funny to see a family sedan smoking everything, half the people leave the room online in sadness, lol

Playstation Gamertag- Khybermp5

Once I unlock Nurburgring Nordschleife I'll make an online room for those of that have the game!

Fun Times!

I am around 690 with the rear wing, slicks etc and ive not been beaten yet ! great game !
shame no brake upgrades though.....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Still working on getting an M5 but what's make me sad is the cars sound it's not even close !!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ditto on the brakes (weird thing to leave out). Ditto on the sound.

I got my Silbergrau M5 last night, got some hard racing tires and other goodies (couldn't afford softer tires). Took it out for a few laps - boy it is QUICK off the line.

The best part is watching the replays of your races from the different angles. Interior is spot on - iDrive main menu, M-color stitching on the steering wheel. Also love watching the 3rd-person view - watch those rotors heat up and glow through the corners. Awesome stuff!

I got there fairly quickly by initially only buying a used Jap car, running and notching wins on it, few upgrades. Then, I moved onto a Mustang, modded it all out (upwards of 600hp, I believe) and ran it until I had the cash and got to level 10. I actually ended up with enough money that I didn't need to sell the Mustang to buy the M5 - good for running in events where there's a restriction, like "US Muscle Car".

I actually got a lot of ca$h by selling off the cars I won as I played.

2nd best thing to actually making up excuses for taking the real car out for a spin... :M5launch:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I havent played online yet but I did buy my M5 even though I didnt really need it in the game. Cars a beast and a monster to control lol.
Shoot me a message on PSN add me so we can all race PSN ID: kuya_ubos

·
Registered
160 Posts
Buy an ek honda civic, mid range turbo charger and fix it all the way up. Then run the cup race.....should take a few races to get you enough money to buy the M5.

I have the M5 and there's really not that many races to race.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Worry not folks, in the extreme races, there's a German-Car-Only race where you can dominate all in an M5 (I actually personally used an M3 though).

I'm level 21 A-Spec and 19 B-Spec right now, and have all my licenses except the S License (about 25% through that one).

I have the following cars:

GT-R Spec V ~850hp
Viper ACR ~1030hp
Bugatti Veyron ~1200hp (Top speed reached so far: 265mph)
BMW M5 ~680hp
BMW M3 ~560hp
Ferrari 458 Italia ~680bhp (10,000RPM!!!)
Lexus LFA ~690bhp
Lambo Gallardo LP560-4 ~715hp
Dodge Challenger SRT-8 ~710hp
Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab ~730hp :hihi:

There's a lot more, those are just the fully tuned ones I remember off the top of my head.

The key to getting more money is gaining levels to unlock the upper division stuff, and then race the Championships, as you will not just win money for winning each race but also somewhere around 100K-200K for winning the Championship.

If you get all gold on the last race in the Professional Series, the car you win is the Veyron.

Also, another good way to make a ton of money is to play the "special events." So far I've completed the Kart and Rally (and most of NASCAR). The karting isn't that fun, a lot of flooring it and being very light with the steering, but it gives you good money. A solid 20-50K per race depending on the level. The Rally is a LOT of fun and is probably one of my most favorite parts of the game so far, and you get a TON of money from it. Highly recommend it. The NASCAR is well, NASCAR (so it's really dumb - sorry if I offend anyone here), but it does make you a ton of money too.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts