BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a problem, when using my GPS nav outside Dubai on the new emirates road the lady keeps telling me to get back on the road:) and off the desert..
I realise this is because my cd disc is out of date, but as I bought it second hand and the owner had lost the disc somehow I had to scrounge a copy disc to get mine working, cant find the guy who I got mine from now, anybody have any idea if the website still exists where I can download the program? Tried it before but as I didnt have the original disc it would not accept the update. Mine is a 2000 mod M5 in case that helps.
Cheers
WillM5AD

·
Registered
754 Posts
NAVTEQ writes tand provides the GPS software for the BMW units.
I am sure they can provide you with updated CD's.
Here is their website: http://www.navteq.com/

Regards,

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
howler said:
NAVTEQ writes tand provides the GPS software for the BMW units.
I am sure they can provide you with updated CD's.
Here is their website: http://www.navteq.com/

Regards,
Thanks Bob but they only cover europe and the US, out of interest how do you find your UUC SSK? Your car looks sweet, couple of questions`, How come you have a key entry to your boot? Did you do the Gumball Rally?
Best Regards

WillM5AD

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry about the information. I made the assumtion that they had coverage for all major countries around the globe.

You still might want to drop them a line to see if they know how you can get your hands on a disk. Have you tried a local BMW dealer yet?
I really notice a difference with the UUC SSk kit compared to the stock setup. I added the DSSR rod when I had the Dinan headers installed since it was in the air anyway.
I thought all E39's have the lock on the boot lid. Now I am curious.
Sorry, I didn't do the Gumball rally.
Regards,

willm5ad said:
Thanks Bob but they only cover europe and the US, out of interest how do you find your UUC SSK? Your car looks sweet, couple of questions`, How come you have a key entry to your boot? Did you do the Gumball Rally?
Best Regards

WillM5AD

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
howler said:
Sorry about the information. I made the assumtion that they had coverage for all major countries around the globe.

You still might want to drop them a line to see if they know how you can get your hands on a disk. Have you tried a local BMW dealer yet?
I really notice a difference with the UUC SSk kit compared to the stock setup. I added the DSSR rod when I had the Dinan headers installed since it was in the air anyway.
I thought all E39's have the lock on the boot lid. Now I am curious.
Sorry, I didn't do the Gumball rally.
Regards,
Dont know if mine is any different as I didnt buy it new but second hand it is an M5 Individual and has keyless entry to the boot from the key, with no keyhole, maybe an optional extra? Dont know Bob. Talked to my local BMW dealer and they want around $750 for a replacement GPS disc so sticking with my copy for now. There are some downloadable updates on Bimmernav.com but the link takes you to an X5 site that only starts from the version 18 mine is the version 15/16 so no good to me.
I have just had my gearbox replaced at great expense:confused3 and there is still a lot of play on the OEM gearstick, cant understand why they didnt replace it so I am looking around for a SSK heard yours is the best type how much swing is there and has it got rid of all the play in gear?
Excuse my ignorance but my imagination says that AZ is in a desert area, if so you may be able to answer a question I have, I am thinking of upgrading the airflow to my engine does the sand cause any problems with the open air filters albeit covered in graphite? Lots of sand here in Abu Dhabi of course in fact a wicked sandstorm only today right through the city.
Cheers
WillM5AD

·
Registered
754 Posts
The all-new

ultimate shifter

UUC's years of shifter experience and continual development have resulted in a major upgrade to our product, the all-new EVO3.

What's new with EVO3? Everything.

Every part of the EVO3 has been changed from EVO2. Superficial appearance shows little difference, but every internal component, dimension, and hardware piece has been changed. While keeping within the basic design of the earlier EVO2, the EVO3 is as close to a "clean sheet" design as possible.

Important upgrade points:

• Subjectively 20% effort reduction compared to EVO2, very close to stock effort feel. This is accomplished by a complete reconfiguration of lever dimensions, linkage geometry, and all friction and pivot points in the assembly.

This results in the smoothest and least-notchy shifter available. Due to the increased precision and smoothness of the assembly, shift effort is only slightly increased over the original BMW setup.

The exact same 35% reduction in shift travel (100mm from 3rd gear to 4th gear total travel) is retained at stock height, and down to over 40% when height is adjusted to the short end of the adjustment range.

• Completely self-contained and self-adjusting primary pivot bearing assembly. Unlike the original BMW pivot bushing cup setup, our new bearing system is not open to outside contamination (underside of the car in the BMW shifter assembly is exposed to road dirt) and will retain lubrication, keep out the grit that "roughens" a shifter feel over time (and destroys plastic ball pivots like the OE and many aftermarket units), and positions the shifter assembly perfectly for ideal linkage alignment.

• New full-length internal vibration absorbing material that surpasses any OE or aftermarket material for longevity and retention of design specifications.

• New standard lower pivot bearing setup with enhanced ease of installation.
<CENTER>
A closer look:

</CENTER>
<CENTER><TABLE class=F1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><CENTER><TBODY><TR><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0> </TD><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Upper section is alloy steel, acoustically isolated from lower section.

100% compatible with all original BMW shift knobs including illuminated knobs.

For custom-tailored ergonomics, the height-adjustable design raises or lowers top section. This allows changes from original height to as much as 3/4" lower.
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=200>
</TD></TR></CENTER><TR><CENTER><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0> </TD></CENTER><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Locking collar for height adjustment.

</TD><CENTER><TD vAlign=top width=200>
</TD></CENTER></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0> </TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Single-piece T-304 stainless steel lever is the strongest shifter available with integral pivot ball (not welded on).
Completely self-contained and self-adjusting primary pivot bearing assembly positions the shifter assembly perfectly for ideal linkage alignment. Uses stainless steel pivot ball for ultimate wear-free use and smoothness. </TD><TD vAlign=top width=200>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0> </TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Lower pivot bearing setup virtually eliminates friction, now with enhanced ease of installation with captive bearing seat surfaces</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>​

I've never measured the swing, but there is almost no play while in gear.
Great mod for the money.
Can't you upgrade your software from V15/16 to V18?.
Search this board for more GPS info.
Regards,

willm5ad said:
Dont know if mine is any different as I didnt buy it new but second hand it is an M5 Individual and has keyless entry to the boot from the key, with no keyhole, maybe an optional extra? Dont know Bob. Talked to my local BMW dealer and they want around $750 for a replacement GPS disc so sticking with my copy for now. There are some downloadable updates on Bimmernav.com but the link takes you to an X5 site that only starts from the version 18 mine is the version 15/16 so no good to me.
I have just had my gearbox replaced at great expense:confused3 and there is still a lot of play on the OEM gearstick, cant understand why they didnt replace it so I am looking around for a SSK heard yours is the best type how much swing is there and has it got rid of all the play in gear?
Cheers
WillM5AD

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
howler said:
The all-new

ultimate shifter

UUC's years of shifter experience and continual development have resulted in a major upgrade to our product, the all-new EVO3.

What's new with EVO3? Everything.

Every part of the EVO3 has been changed from EVO2. Superficial appearance shows little difference, but every internal component, dimension, and hardware piece has been changed. While keeping within the basic design of the earlier EVO2, the EVO3 is as close to a "clean sheet" design as possible.

Important upgrade points:

• Subjectively 20% effort reduction compared to EVO2, very close to stock effort feel. This is accomplished by a complete reconfiguration of lever dimensions, linkage geometry, and all friction and pivot points in the assembly.

This results in the smoothest and least-notchy shifter available. Due to the increased precision and smoothness of the assembly, shift effort is only slightly increased over the original BMW setup.

The exact same 35% reduction in shift travel (100mm from 3rd gear to 4th gear total travel) is retained at stock height, and down to over 40% when height is adjusted to the short end of the adjustment range.

• Completely self-contained and self-adjusting primary pivot bearing assembly. Unlike the original BMW pivot bushing cup setup, our new bearing system is not open to outside contamination (underside of the car in the BMW shifter assembly is exposed to road dirt) and will retain lubrication, keep out the grit that "roughens" a shifter feel over time (and destroys plastic ball pivots like the OE and many aftermarket units), and positions the shifter assembly perfectly for ideal linkage alignment.

• New full-length internal vibration absorbing material that surpasses any OE or aftermarket material for longevity and retention of design specifications.

• New standard lower pivot bearing setup with enhanced ease of installation.
<CENTER>

A closer look:

</CENTER>
<CENTER><TABLE class=F1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><CENTER><TBODY><TR><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0></TD><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Upper section is alloy steel, acoustically isolated from lower section.

100% compatible with all original BMW shift knobs including illuminated knobs.

For custom-tailored ergonomics, the height-adjustable design raises or lowers top section. This allows changes from original height to as much as 3/4" lower.

</TD></TR></CENTER><TR><CENTER><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0></TD></CENTER><TD class=F1 vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Locking collar for height adjustment.

</TD><CENTER><TD vAlign=top width=200>
</TD></CENTER></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0></TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Single-piece T-304 stainless steel lever is the strongest shifter available with integral pivot ball (not welded on).

Completely self-contained and self-adjusting primary pivot bearing assembly positions the shifter assembly perfectly for ideal linkage alignment. Uses stainless steel pivot ball for ultimate wear-free use and smoothness.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width=15 bgColor=#c0c0c0></TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=533 bgColor=#c0c0c0>
Lower pivot bearing setup virtually eliminates friction, now with enhanced ease of installation with captive bearing seat surfaces</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>​

I've never measured the swing, but there is almost no play while in gear.
Great mod for the money.
Can't you upgrade your software from V15/16 to V18?.
Search this board for more GPS info.
Regards,
Hey Bob Dumbass calling, seems I do have a keyhole in my boot just never used it in the year since I had ithiha sorry if it confused you, would have been cool without it though eh? In fact its got me thinking I might have it blanked out:hihi: .
Btw thanks for the info on the SSK, you have convinced me - will see what the best deal is available on the web and have it put in when I have the new Gearbox checked and the gbox oil changed after 2000 kms, I presume it can be done without dropping the gbox out?
WillM5AD

·
Registered
754 Posts
WillM5AD:
I never paid any attention to it until you mentioned it.
NOW it is really starting to bug me!
I was about ready to get the bondo out and eliminate the lock hole. Are you having any luck finding the Nav disk?

willm5ad said:
Hey Bob Dumbass calling, seems I do have a keyhole in my boot just never used it in the year since I had ithiha sorry if it confused you, would have been cool without it though eh?
WillM5AD

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
howler said:
WillM5AD:
I never paid any attention to it until you mentioned it.
NOW it is really starting to bug me!
I was about ready to get the bondo out and eliminate the lock hole. Are you having any luck finding the Nav disk?
No luck with the disc may find a newer model owner and see if I can get to copy the disc, although I know they changed to DVD from CD a couple of years ago.
Cheers
WillM5AD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts