BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 M5 in Carbon Black. The car has less than 60k miles and is in excellent condition, always garaged. It has an awesome set of BBS wheels and the only other mod is a BillyBoat Exhaust (sounds great). The engine-carbon issue was taken care of by the local BMW dealer last summer. There are no issues, no lights or codes. The car is simply incredible. Does anyone have suggestions as to where is the best place to market it? What about price suggestions? Any positive input is appreciated. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What exactly did the dealer do about the carbon buildup?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They had a Master Tech take the engine apart and clean it up. I bought the car from a 7- year old man who claims not to have ever driven the car hard. The dealer said that the previous owner's driving style might have had something to do with the build up.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
They had a Master Tech take the engine apart and clean it up. I bought the car from a 7- year old man who claims not to have ever driven the car hard. The dealer said that the previous owner's driving style might have had something to do with the build up.
Just curious, thanks.

The for sale section on this forum would be my first choice as you will get serious buyers on here. My second choice would be autotrader just because I've had good experiences with selling a few cars on there.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You will need a better history than a 70 year old man who claims not to have driven it hard.

Do you have service records?
How long have you owned it?
How many other owners etc.?

You will be asked such things if you post it here...

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
You will need a better history than a 70 year old man who claims not to have driven it hard.

Do you have service records?
How long have you owned it?
How many other owners etc.?

You will be asked such things if you post it here...
He was just replying to the query about the carbon issue!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

Hmmm Bmw NA Just sent the Dealer a new motor for my carbon build up... heads and all New vanos 4 bolt Throttle bodies ..... @ 68,000 miles

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Low twenties for an asking price... list it for sale on the "for sale" forum here, as well as cars.com and autotrader.com and BMW CCA classifieds.

The trick to selling a car is great pictures. Not good pictures with your iPhone, but great pictures. Get the car immaculate, take pictures of everything; wheels, interior, engine, body panels, trunk, odometer, crop them, organize them and post them somewhere that people can see them. The pictures you put on an add will be compressed and downsized to where they are crap.

Go to eBay and look at some auctions - the really good dealers will have tons of great pictures. This is how buyers get excited about a car. And an M5 is not a rational purchase, so you've got to get them excited.

And history is important as well. List all the services, warranty or otherwise, and owner history.

HTH,

Michael

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
No doubt this board is the best place to sell. If your looking for a quick blow out sale then I would list on e-bay. A fellow boardmember just sold a 2000 for $17k (which is insanely low) IMO. You should be able to get low to mid twenties. Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts