BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after a hydroplaning accident 5 weeks ago, my beast is almost finished up. Basically the entire rear suspension needed to be replaced. The rear diff is in good shape, and the car will be ready in about a week and a half. The grand total for the accident came out to about $11k, but luckily I was not at fault, since I was hit. I cant wait to get this beauty back!hiha

Next up, I am going to get an extended warr. That's a whole other pain, but a must have.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Who did the repairs?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey OP,

I remember your original post and the pics of the incident. Some board members may not have responded to your original post with much sympathy, but I'm glad that you stuck around and posted again - this time with good news.

Glad to hear that the inicdent was not deemed to be your fault and that you'll be back on the road soon.

Best,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, AWOL. I love this forum, and keep up with it daily. It is a shame that was my first post, I was just really upset at the time. Anyways, Bimmer Motor Werks in Dallas are doing the repairs. Progressive wanted for me to use their one stop shop to do the job, and I wouldn't have it. So far BimmerMW has been great. I will definitely give an update once i get my ride back.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i don't get the little laughing thing after your post....did you hit your head a bit hard from the water dancing you did last month? ouich

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
So, after a hydroplaning accident 5 weeks ago, my beast is almost finished up. Basically the entire rear suspension needed to be replaced. The rear diff is in good shape, and the car will be ready in about a week and a half. The grand total for the accident came out to about $11k, but luckily I was not at fault, since I was hit. I cant wait to get this beauty back!hiha

Next up, I am going to get an extended warr. That's a whole other pain, but a must have.

I remember your first post and thanks for following up. Was the rear subframe bent? There's a lot of aluminum back there that bends very easily. 11k sounds right to me even though the hit didn't look that bad. Glad it worked out for you!! Drive it well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
975 Posts
I do have to admit it's a bit weird you took time out of your day to look me up and PhotoShop me.....I'm a bit weirded out now... :eek7: why don't you try focusing on getting out of that ghettoshit neighborhood that you live and stop wasting your time borderline stalking.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The subframe was not bent, luckily. To be honest, based on the speed of the accident, had she not hit the wheel dead on, my frame would be damaged. With that being said, the rear suspension is shot. I guess those are all parts that can be replaced, so it's good news.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I do have to admit it's a bit weird you took time out of your day to look me up and PhotoShop me.....I'm a bit weirded out now... :eek7: why don't you try focusing on getting out of that ghettoshit neighborhood that you live and stop wasting your time borderline stalking.
I think its astonishing that you can tell the quality of the neighborhood based on some out of focus trees. You must be psychic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts