BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week the M6 has been making a strange knocking sound above 3k rpm. Yesterday I went to drop it at the dealer and it went into reduced power mode pulling off my street. As I took my foot off the gas on the exit ramp by the dealer the car stalled out. I managed to restart it by giving it some gas and got it into the dealers parking lot where it was running like crap and it felt unbalanced. I'm at 92000 miles with the warranty good through 8000 more miles and 3 months so it looks like I will be getting a new motor just at the end. How long do you guys think it will take for them to get everything done seeing as they take a week to replace an alternator?

·
Registered
187 Posts
For the past week the M6 has been making a strange knocking sound above 3k rpm. Yesterday I went to drop it at the dealer and it went into reduced power mode pulling off my street. As I took my foot off the gas on the exit ramp by the dealer the car stalled out. I managed to restart it by giving it some gas and got it into the dealers parking lot where it was running like crap and it felt unbalanced. I'm at 92000 miles with the warranty good through 8000 more miles and 3 months so it looks like I will be getting a new motor just at the end. How long do you guys think it will take for them to get everything done seeing as they take a week to replace an alternator?
I highly doubt they will be "giving" you a new motor. Assuming they do, it could take weeks. It depends how available a new engine is to them.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I would bet it will be down for a month, maybe more if you're dealing with BMW of Rochester Hills.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would bet it will be down for a month, maybe more if you're dealing with BMW of Rochester Hills.
Yea BMW Rochester Hills usually takes forever but I thought that's just the nature of BMW dealers. On my new Taurus SHO I got a halfshaft replaced in a day being shipped to the dealer and everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts