BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the new clutch today (old one slipped). So far this hasn't slipped at all, but IT"S SO WIERD! The old one needed hawser-thick thighs and there was a VERY disticntive feel to the friction point. This one is so light it feels as if the clutch isn't even there. I'm told this is a good thing, what do you guys think?

--Dan

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Mine has had a light feel from the start. Still, it does have feel. So it is a Good Thing. Don't worry - you'll get used to it. If you have to drive in stop-and-go traffic you'll really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can understand that, but compared to the last one, there isn't a distinctive "feel" as to wher the pressure point is, although it seems to bite a bit earlier. I dunno. I find it amusing that there is so much disparity in the clutch feel b/w cars, of course, part of this is due to perception differences as well.

--Dan

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
It seems there are no two cars that have the same feel between clutches. Perhaps you just need to dump the clutch a couple of times to break it in and get the "feel" of it. Of course you will also have a big smile on your face as your head hits the headrest which should in turn make you forget about any "feel" problems with the new fix.

You won't even remember this problem in a week.

Mark

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I know i'm supposed to take it easy and baby it (as i get to feel it out), but i couldn't help but take it out for a "grocery run." Downshifting is AWESOME with this thing. it feels very solid with no clutch slippage (i admit, i tried). so THIS is what the full 400hp is supposed to feel like. this thing feels like it could give my 360M a run for it's money. yipes. I'm still iffy about the feel tho. will have others drive it tomorrow to compare.

--Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts